Ping N/A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ping N/A

Please help my server keeps coming up N/A on the internet but on the LAN it works fine. what am i doing wrong and how can i fix this??

Originally posted by i_doit3d
    Search the forums for "ping N/A" and you will find your answer.

Comment

Re: Ping N/A

Originally posted by Nigel
      Please help my server keeps coming up N/A on the internet but on the LAN it works fine. what am i doing wrong and how can i fix this??
      I am/was having this supposed problem. All ports forwarded, turned off "Block Anonymous Internet Requests" on my WRT54G, but it still showed as N/A on the INTERNET server browser. I just read this at the UT Admin site 2 minutes ago:
      Also, please remember due to the way NAT works, any computer within your local NAT network will have to connect and view your server (via the server browser) via the LAN IP else you will have problem's connecting and get N/A for the server details. Anyone outside your network (Internet) should see your server fine now as long as the ports are opened.
      My server shows up fine under the LAN server browser, and apparently should show N/A in the Internet server browser. So apparently you/I need to have someone outside our LAN look for and try to join our servers if we want to be sure we have it set up correctly.

Comment

The default ports are:

7777 UDP/IP (Game Port)
        7778 UDP/IP (Query Port)
        7787 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
        28902 TCP/IP (Allows your Server to Connect to the UT2004 Master Server Browser)
        xxxx TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)

Also make sure you set the following to True

Find the [IpDrv.MasterServerUplink] part in your server's ini file, and modify the following value:
        ServerBehindNAT=True

and it worked!!

Comment

Working...
        X