NEWS: Cliffyb's Ownage 2.0 Map Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWS: Cliffyb's Ownage 2.0 Map Center

Pssh, so it seems you don't all know about Cliffy Bleszinski's Website where he offers up for download the top rated UT2003 maps. Well here is the link you'll need.

If you want to know what Ownage 2.0 is then read on...
    Tired of downloading map after map for UT2003, searching for the one that will kick your *** and make you love every minute of it? Welcome to 0wnage, baby. Let CliffyB, lead designer for Epic Games, and co-creator of the Unreal series, do the searching. You won't find any **** here, just the cream of the crop from the Unreal Community.

Now go head on over to http://www.planetunreal.com/cliffyb.

CTF-Unearthed is an awesome map. I hope some servers start running it.

Comment

Nice maps =D

He has got some very nice maps there! Havent tried all yet but i really like DM-LightFalls! Totaly the no1 duel map!!!

Comment

Frozen rocks! (Just don't get blown over the edge by the RL's)

Comment

Yep, my source for downloading good maps since UT1999.

Comment

errr

Dude tell him not to link to fileplanet. Find the map somewhere else. Anyone who puts **** on fileplanet deserves to die for making everyone wait in their **** lines.

Comment

Re: errr

Originally posted by --OwNz--
              Dude tell him not to link to fileplanet. Find the map somewhere else. Anyone who puts **** on fileplanet deserves to die for making everyone wait in their **** lines.
              $50 is not a lot of money dude ... like File Front is any better? That place is a joke ... there is nothing better than Fileplanet out there right now.

Comment

filefront peer to peer gets to me at 300k/s. So ya it is better.

Comment

Originally posted by --OwNz--
                  filefront peer to peer gets to me at 300k/s. So ya it is better.
                  It's better for you ... I personally dislike any site that tries to install Gator on my computer ... but hey that's just me.

Oh yeah and I download from Fileplanet at like 600 - 800 per second. It's idiotic to even bring download speeds into this because not everyones connection is the same.

Comment

If FilePlanet started to suck at the wrong time, I just search for maps using the Google search "index of" UT2003 for example.

Comment

He should stop giving out Ownage for maps that just look good. Sure we all want great looking maps who don't? But they play like ****.

Unearthed is a great looking map no doubt but every time it's on a server people start leaving, and the 1's that don't I see em just standing and looking around.

I am not picking on that map I'm just using it as an example. Maybe I should just take my opinion and shove it where the sun don't shine.

But just a quick question did any of the previous Ownage maps make it to be used in the map lineup for clan war ladders?

I edit to much grrrr

Comment

uhhh guys, just coz it's got planetunreleal in the name doesn't mean fileplanet. Or at least I dont think so.
                        You see, I just clicked the download link and the download window came straight up. No linking to fileplanet, not searching the whole site, and NO WAITING FOR A HALF HOUR BEFORE DOWNLOADS!!!!!

See what I mean?

EDIT:
                        Hold on a sec. I take all that back, well most of it anyway. I just tried another one and it took me to fileplanet afterall, which has changed since I last went there.
                        It happened straight away coz there was no cue.

Not sure how I managed to do it the first time without loging in though...

Comment

Krisis is making a good point.

All these maps are outstanding visually, but some really do run very poorly. I've got a pretty decent system yet a map like Nirvana][ runs bad enough where I'm getting ****** at the map instead of my opponents.

Perhaps Cliffy should detail some system spec's when he's reviewing a map. It would give us a better feel for how there gonna run before we download.

UB

Comment

P.S;

FilePlanet sucks.
                            Front is much better and less of a scam.

UB

Comment

Originally posted by unclebuck
                              P.S;

FilePlanet sucks.
                              Front is much better and less of a scam.

UB
                              Right .. and thats why File Effrontery tries to install Gator on your PC .. because its "less of a scam".

Comment

Working...
                              X