Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the windows key on keyboard

First let me explain what is going on.

I spilled some soday on my keyboard which not long after that a few keys got sticky but one of them namely the winddows key stopped bringing down the window with the game so I could get to my desk stop without having to close the whole game down.

Any ways I have gotten a new keyboard and I am still having the same problem. When I hit the window key it try's to pull the screen down but doesn't all it does is seem to put the game on pause in a way. Plus I have to just click on about where I think the spot for the game in my task bar would be and click on it so the game would unpause.

I looked in my settings in my .ini file and I looked at my settings as far as my window setting go and can't seem to find anywhere that tells anything about the key and how to set it.

Oh and I also looked throughout the help file that came with the keyboard and nothing.

Anyone have a clue???

thanks

DK

Dunno bout the windows key and why it doesn't work, but learn how to use Alt+Tab instead. By holding down Alt and hitting tab u can toggle through applications, it will do the trick for ya.

Comment

I have had issues with alt + tab if I don't have anything open. If you have this problem all you have to do is open up IE and leave it at the home page, or something like that, so it will switch to that when you hit alt + tab.

Comment

Try Pressing your windows key and "E" This will open Explorer

but this isn't a game problem this is something to do with windows, I am presuming more your graphic card

Comment

I am presuming more your graphic card
          What It worked befor so i cant see it being that. It sounds like a windows prob i cant say how it messed up but a full rein would work maybe try system restore back befor you droped ya soda.

Comment

On a related note... is there any way to disable the windows key? Nothing ****** me off quite like then i accidentally trip it with my thumb.

Comment

To disable your windows key see johnhaller.com or for remapping it try sharpkeys :up:

Comment

Wow, thank you! :up:

Comment

Your welcome

Comment

Working...
                  X