Newbie Questions about UT2004 and UT2004CE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Questions about UT2004 and UT2004CE

I've read the the Beginner Posts and read some of the additional posts on this section and other sections of the forums. The question I have not been able to resolve is whether purchasing UT2004 CE is worth it or not. I currently have committed the ultimate sin buy never purchasing UT'04 but I now have decided to get in the fray but I'm unsure which would be the best version. In the Beginners Thread I saw one guy post that he didn't install the CE extras because there are newer versions already posted for download. So my question is: Would it be better to save a little cash and purchase the UT2004 Normal Edition? Or would it be better to go ahead and get UT2004CE because some maps, vehicles and such will be on the CD though I might have to get the updates for some of them?

Any information/opinions/suggestions would be most helpful. I don't mind spending the extra $10+ on the CE if it is necessary. If it is not necessary I don't want to thrown away any amount of cash.

Thanks again!

get the regular version and download/install the 3355 and ECE patches. there ya go.

Comment

I agree with Punisher. I don't like spending cash if I don't have to and there is nothing extra on the Editor's Choice edition you can't download for free.

Comment

UT2004 is 6.99 GBP (UK) ..(about 14 dollars USD).. in the shops, nothing really for a great game. Yes no-worry about included bonus packs/extras etc..., they're on the net for free.

Comment

Working...
        X