Audio Tweaks - Weapon Switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Tweaks - Weapon Switching

I've always had trouble tracking because I can barely hear anything over the sound of my own hyperactive weapon switching. So, I was wondering if there is any way to tweak the user or ut2004 ini so that the sound of weapon switching is reduced or removed. The answer will probably be "no, stfu noob", but it can't hurt to ask.

I would hope that most of the members on this forum wouldn't reply with that, so far doesn't look like it

I don't know of anyway to tweak or disable the weapon switch sounds other than using the in-game settings, but that lowers all sounds.

The way you say 'hyperactive weapon switching' leads me to think that you use the scroll wheel on your mouse to cycle through the weapons to find the one you want. The best way, in my opinion, to keep this from happening, and thus preventing you from hearing the weapon switch sound every time you cycle through, is to bind your weapons to individual keys and grow accustomed to switching weapons that way. Now you'll only hear the sound once and should be able to track your opponents moves more reliably.

My own preferences:

ESDF for movement
    2 = Assault Rifle
    Z = Mini
    R = Sniper/Lightning
    T = Rockets
    G = Flak
    V = Bio Rifle
    W = Translocator
    Back(side button on my MX500 mouse) = Shock
    MouseWheel UP = Link Gun
    MouseWheel DOWN= Shield Gun
    0 = Super Weapons

Comment

Alright, thanks for the help. I actually use piped weapon switching, and mainly switch between shock and lg, but now that I know that there's no way to reduce the switching sounds I guess I'll just have to pick one and stick with it when I'm out of combat.

Comment

I actually like the default 1 through 0 that is defaulted. It can be clumsy (every so often) but it has never been too loud for me.

But binding will work great too, especially if you bind your favorite weapons and leave the others to the numbers.

Comment

hehe, you could definitely find the weapon switch sound in your sound folder and edit it to be quieter. although i'm sure there's somethign you could do in an ini to make it less obnoxious. get back to you when i have time to look. right now i shouldn;t even still be awake. sleepy time!

Comment

couldnt you just replace the file with one full of silence ??

try just moving it to a different folder and if it doesn't crash ...
            bingo

Comment

I was thinking about that... but I'm kinda worried it borders on cheating, and it seems like something for which antitcc or safegame would nail me, and then there's the issue of finding the files to begin with... **** my noobery!

Comment

i dont think Anti Tcc checks sound files, not sure mind you but it wouldn't make sense otherwise people wouldn't be able to use custom sound packs.

Comment

Custom sound packs are very much a reason Anti TCC kicks ya from a server, and SafeGame as well ! :sour: Especially if they're in the cache. It sometimes helps clearing the cache, or moving them to the apropriate folder.

Comment

Working...
                  X