Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Pnr
    Well, no - just one more thing.... they're called "threads".
    THANK you - he he he I *knew* I was getting it wrong

I *threaten* you with my keen intellect!!

thanks m8 - much apreciated, know my spelling sux

ENOUGH - I give up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only reason I think these new threads are still being made, is that the sticky in general discussion's over a month old to date.

Plus, the sticky's not particularly descriptive as to what the problem is, let alone when/if it's going to be fixed.

Granted, I'll apologize now for the tone I might have set in some of my less than friendly replies to these threads--That said though, hearing nothing at all from Epic can be as bad as saying they outright lied to the community about something...Whatever the reasons might be.

Just a suggestion--Give us a little input as to what the problem is; Hey, you never know...One of us might be able to help?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cyghost
    being sardonic is a way of expression

and this threat was started by a question which has been asked a million times.... right on this first page of Beginners Discussion is three threats with STATS as topic

nough said
    Well, no - just one more thing.... they're called "threads".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    stats have been down for a bit they made a sticky about it in the general discussion thread http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=468413

some servers still show your stats but for that server only. useually a message will come across the screen telling you their website to check the stats at. while you won't have the global tracking and rank info on your effeciencies and stuff will be there. as well as the match info so you can see how many times someone pwned someone in a match you can check to see how many ludicriouss you got on that server.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    :haha:

omg

have fun all - I'm outa here!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is da stats workin now or wat?.....da latest one recorded was on may 7 ??? so hav they stopped recording

Leave a comment:

• replied
    being sardonic is a way of expression

and this threat was started by a question which has been asked a million times.... right on this first page of Beginners Discussion is three threats with STATS as topic

granted all were newbie questions posted by ppl who didn't read any of the other threats

but I didn't attack them for asking a question - like many here do (maybe not in the Beginner Discussion so much)

I simply wanted to know why ppl *cared* especially when it is not 100% accurate and no real reflection of a persons skill

why is it important enough to start 1000 threats about it?

so ppl enjoy it ....... then I hope for all their sakes Epic fixes it and that it stays fixed

nough said

Leave a comment:

• replied
    we are talking about one on one servers where there is 10 minutes left on the clock - any one else entering votes for a restart thus *no* stats gets recorded - I'll stop ranting about this now as it clearly is not so prevailant - stats are acurate
    Being sardonic is of no help. Pointing out that people force votes to switch maps in the middle of a match is. It sounds like matches should be included in stats then even if it ends due to a map switch.

that would be good and I just hope that epic makes it work - seeing 3 or 4 stat threats a day is tireing - that being said I should probably just ignore it but I feel I have a right to comment on it.... just like *they* have the right to complain
    Oh, is that how this thread started?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pnr
    Actually, I was just pointing out that just because I don't find use of some aspect of the game it doesn't mean that others may not enjoy that feature.
    I get that! what I *don't* get is the many threats that it starts when it is clear that a) its being worked on and b) starting threats about it doesn't help

Originally posted by Pnr
    A player's stats in a match are recorded as long as the match ends, either via reaching the time limit or a frag/score limit. So unless that player has control of the server and shuts down the server or forces a map change, the stats for any players that came and left will still be recorded.
    we are talking about one on one servers where there is 10 minutes left on the clock - any one else entering votes for a restart thus *no* stats gets recorded - I'll stop ranting about this now as it clearly is not so prevailant - stats are acurate

Originally posted by Pnr
    Yes, the stat ranking can use some improvements, such as tighter restrictions on rank points gained from fighting someone below your ability, among others. I'm certain there will be many changes in the stats for UT2007.
    that would be good and I just hope that epic makes it work - seeing 3 or 4 stat threats a day is tireing - that being said I should probably just ignore it but I feel I have a right to comment on it.... just like *they* have the right to complain

Leave a comment:

• replied
    comparing a game type to stats also seems excessive

bot kills don't add up? kewl then - but I do know of a server where the number one player only plays vs n00bs to boost his stats, if he plays vs a better player he stops half way through and say gg wp and good bye and he leaves, so the loosing stats never gets added. His being number one on that server is usless
    Actually, I was just pointing out that just because I don't find use of some aspect of the game it doesn't mean that others may not enjoy that feature.

A player's stats in a match are recorded as long as the match ends, either via reaching the time limit or a frag/score limit. So unless that player has control of the server and shuts down the server or forces a map change, the stats for any players that came and left will still be recorded. Yes, the stat ranking can use some improvements, such as tighter restrictions on rank points gained from fighting someone below your ability, among others. I'm certain there will be many changes in the stats for UT2007.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: not so sure about that

Originally posted by KillerB33
    This assumes of course that they care.

Whether this is evident or not, well--Let's just put it this way.

There has been no evidence to date that would dispell the myth.
    Looks like they still don't care.

LAWL.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by utw-Mephisto
    afaik stats are only recorded when match human vs human and only complete matches.
    my point exactly - so when you loose you don't finnish the game and no loosing stats gets recorded. I know someone who does this....

stats are scewed and inacurate

they are fun sure...... but they do *not* rate the exagerated demand for them here on the boards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if I play on a stats logged server vs novice bots for five hours that will boost my stats out of preportion to the level of what it should be and if I dare on the pro servers same result in reverse?
    afaik stats are only recorded when match human vs human and only complete matches.

Stats - Website is based on utstatsdb and at least these are default settings. Makes no sence to change this settings anyway ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: not so sure about that

Originally posted by napsterlover237
    I',m bracing for the warning and lock.
    This assumes of course that they care.

Whether this is evident or not, well--Let's just put it this way.

There has been no evidence to date that would dispell the myth.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    stats are very important and make the game better

come on everyone wants to see the results from one of the games they played

its like a photo album were you look at the past and say hey i remember when i played that server

my 2 cents i guess

Leave a comment:

Working...
X