X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    not so sure about that

Originally posted by KillerB33
    Whatever, this is simply a repeat of a year ago, upon UT2K4's release.

Accept it. All it seems hey're more interested in doing, is making server rental sales, and focusing all future development/support on UT2K7 their main priority...Otherwise the master server would have been fixed already; Instead it's what....Nearing a month now?

The bugs that have plagued some who run servers with 3355 has gotten to the point that they reverted back a version, or put up with it...Little it seems has been forthcoming about a fix or a new revision, from my limited scope of things.

2 cents has been deposited in the cup.
    Like I have said before Ut2k7 is not going to be out until late 2006 - early 2007, there is still about a year and a half that we all are still stuck with Ut2k4. The player stats are a part of the game, if Epic does not support all the features of the game, it shows a lack of respect for all loyal Ut2k4 players. And your point about the server rentals, is a little off. Have you checked the prices that Epic charges per month, it's $72 + $20 sign up fee = $92 first month and $72 monthly thereafter for a 12 slot server. I have found other game hosting sites that offer a 12 slot server for about $40 per month. I don't know about you guys but I am not willing to spend extra money on an official server from Epic when there are numerous other hosting sites that can offer better prices. Especially if Epic continues to treat us with such disrespect. I',m bracing for the warning and lock.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I for one follow my stats quite closely and use them to see if I improve or not and find it fun to see how many sprees of any kind I have and get. Its true that if I play bad players my score will raise and if I play pro players they will dramatically drop - as Im NOT in the pro catagory lol Ofcourse I can sense all this in my gameplay, but its fun to watch the cold facts after a map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    get rid of it? was never my suggestion m8, I just don't see the attraction and why it creates hundreds of threats when its off line

comparing a game type to stats also seems excessive

clearly epic has no answer or they would have given the stats lovers one. War_tourist's sticky is no answer although it states that its off and that they are working on it

bot kills don't add up? kewl then - but I do know of a server where the number one player only plays vs n00bs to boost his stats, if he plays vs a better player he stops half way through and say gg wp and good bye and he leaves, so the loosing stats never gets added. His being number one on that server is usless

any one lookin at the stats would believe him to be a great player

stats are lovely to play with and fun to compare things with but hardly accurate enough to warrant this fuselage of stat threats.

all in my humble opinion of course

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cyghost
    if I play on a stats logged server vs novice bots for five hours that will boost my stats out of preportion to the level of what it should be and if I dare on the pro servers same result in reverse?

so all stats can do is keep tract of well, what has happend to you (ie killing sprees etc etc) and surely you have a good idea of those? unless you like a 100% record and with stats being as iffy as they are that is not even possible
    Actually, bots are not included in the stats. No kills or deaths from them are ever recorded. As for their use, well, different people have different purposes for them. Some just like to see the tally of how many games they've played. Some use them to see which servers they played on so perhaps they could go back to certain ones, or to find which servers other people are playing on that they've been up against before. Then there are the weapon and kill statistics - some people have a more tactical play style than others and may use this info to find some way of self-improvement.

However you use them or not, they're a part of the system and (normally) there for those who find use of them.
    As a deathmatch only player I could ask what the point is of all these other game types. ONS? CTF? InstaGib? I don't play these! Get rid of them?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whatever, this is simply a repeat of a year ago, upon UT2K4's release.

Accept it. All it seems hey're more interested in doing, is making server rental sales, and focusing all future development/support on UT2K7 their main priority...Otherwise the master server would have been fixed already; Instead it's what....Nearing a month now?

The bugs that have plagued some who run servers with 3355 has gotten to the point that they reverted back a version, or put up with it...Little it seems has been forthcoming about a fix or a new revision, from my limited scope of things.

2 cents has been deposited in the cup.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    stats can't possibly be that important to ppl? it is inaccurate information in the first place

if I play on a stats logged server vs novice bots for five hours that will boost my stats out of preportion to the level of what it should be and if I dare on the pro servers same result in reverse?

so all stats can do is keep tract of well, what has happend to you (ie killing sprees etc etc) and surely you have a good idea of those? unless you like a 100% record and with stats being as iffy as they are that is not even possible

I am just curious as I have seen so many stats threats and no one bothers to explain WHY stats are important - only the flamers jump out and flame it to hell before it is closed or deleted

as I am on the other side I know why stats are *not* important, just wondering

OT: this should probably be under the general discusion?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IMO stats can stay down.:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ElvisNixon
    I hate it when people tell other people "not to worry about it" when a game feature is broken. I know it makes you feel tough to tell everyone that you don't care about stats because after all, you are so above the stats. However, if a game feature is broken, everyone who enjoyed the feature (previously) has a right to their own feelings and opinion. I'm getting real tired of the fan boys dissing every critique and every person who brings up an issue that needs to be addressed. You can find them in EVERY thread here that is even remotely critical of a game issue. They probably have no influence at all on the product, but if they do, it is a negative one.
    Yeah, I agree also, in the recent matches tab it shows that the last game played was May 3. I'm not really sure if the stats from May 4-June 1 have been recorded, but I sure hope so. To all those who say that the stats are not important, or that only noobs are concerned about stats, get bent. And to those that feel the need to bust my chops about this post, don't I will report any trolling replies. Feel free to report me if you want for trolling, I really don't care if I'm kicked from the b.b., this b.b. is not my life.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ElvisNixon
    However, if a game feature is broken, everyone who enjoyed the feature (previously) has a right to their own feelings and opinion. I'm getting real tired of the fan boys dissing every critique and every person who brings up an issue that needs to be addressed.

I agree with you. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by PNutButter[FDG]
    Dont worry about it dude, Stats arent that important anyways, and I'm sure they'll be fixed eventually =P
    I hate it when people tell other people "not to worry about it" when a game feature is broken. I know it makes you feel tough to tell everyone that you don't care about stats because after all, you are so above the stats. However, if a game feature is broken, everyone who enjoyed the feature (previously) has a right to their own feelings and opinion. I'm getting real tired of the fan boys dissing every critique and every person who brings up an issue that needs to be addressed. You can find them in EVERY thread here that is even remotely critical of a game issue. They probably have no influence at all on the product, but if they do, it is a negative one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dont worry about it dude, Stats arent that important anyways, and I'm sure they'll be fixed eventually =P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah lots of problems with the master server latly

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Stats

Stats

Whats going on with the stats lately ?

No games have stats recorded by the looks of it ?
Working...
X