When I download a map and put in /maps the map still doesnt show up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I download a map and put in /maps the map still doesnt show up

When I download any map and put it in the ut2004/maps directory I go into UT2004 and the maps dont show up when I host a game only when I join one I can play them why is this?

Does it show up in instant action? Put the map in your list of (active) maps to be cycled.

Comment

Do you have the "official maps only" button unclicked on the choose map screen?

Comment

Sometimes when I extract a map from a zipped file, if the zipped file already has a Maps subdirectory, it creates a 'Maps' folder within the 'Maps' folder.

It would end up being C:\UT2004\Maps\Maps\DM-Goose2k4.ut2

It wouldn't show up in my map list until I went back and moved the map to the first folder within the UT2004 folder.

Comment

form previous experience when i just copied the file out of the zip it didnt work, but when i extracted it properly it worked fine

Comment

Does it have the proper prefix? DM-whatever. ONS-whatever.

Comment

ALso if you place a map in the maps folder then they will show up at the bottom the next time u start ut, after that u can find them in alfabetic order.

Comment

Did they have any other files but the UT2.* file?

Comment

Did you download the file in-game and send it from your cache to the maps folder? You can only use maps you got from an in-game server with a cache extractor, but you can PM me if you want me to hook you up with one.

Comment

Working...
                  X