Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Mini Installation?

Ok, no I'm not a tard.

I got a killer PC I run UT2K4 on but will be buying my first Mac in a few days for my birthday (a Mini). Yes, I know it is not considered a "gamer" machine, but I want to know IF UT2K4 is at all playable, even with all the eye candy turned off.

Thx!

UT04 Mac Minimum System Requirements:
    Macintosh 933MHz/G4-G5 or faster processor, Mac OS X v10.2.8 or higher, 256MB RAM, 32MB AGP Video Card, DVD Drive, 6GB hard disk space.

Mac Mini Specs:
    1.25GHz PowerPC G4
    256MB DDR333 SDRAM
    ATI Radeon 9200 with 32MB DDR video memory
    40GB Ultra ATA hard drive
    Combo drive

Considering these specs and requirements I am guessing the Mini will run very playable with only half the eye candy turned off. For some first hand feedback on the Mini you might want to ask questions at the insidemacgames.com forum.

Comment

Thanks.

I knew the UT2K4 specs vs. Mini specs, but was curious to hear from those who actually play UT2K4 on a Mini.

I'll be sure to check the insidemacgames.com forums as you suggest though. Many thanks for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedsteve
        UT04 Mac Minimum System Requirements:
        Macintosh 933MHz/G4-G5 or faster processor, Mac OS X v10.2.8 or higher, 256MB RAM, 32MB AGP Video Card, DVD Drive, 6GB hard disk space.

Mac Mini Specs:
        1.25GHz PowerPC G4
        256MB DDR333 SDRAM
        ATI Radeon 7500 with 32MB DDR video memory
        40GB Ultra ATA hard drive
        Combo drive

Considering these specs and requirements I am guessing the Mini will run very playable with only half the eye candy turned off. For some first hand feedback on the Mini you might want to ask questions at the insidemacgames.com forum.
        Fixed.

And nosecret, if you turn down the settings, the game should run pretty good on ur comp.
        I got an eMac 1ghz, and i turned all the settings down. It runs good enough to beat people with 3.2ghz ATI Radeon x800 XTs.

Comment

I know it's not a mac, but I play on a comp with all the eye candy turned off. :down:
          I still get enough FPS that it's playable.

Comment

Originally posted by slime73
            Fixed
            What makes you think that? I am sure the Mac mini sports an ATI Radeon 9200 with 32MB dedicated DDR SDRAM over an AGP 4x bus. Where did you get 7500 from?

Comment

What makes you think that? I am sure the Mac mini sports an ATI Radeon 9200 with 32MB dedicated DDR SDRAM over an AGP 4x bus. Where did you get 7500 from?
              Same ? here, cuz the Mini does come with a 9200...

Comment

Originally posted by slime73
                ATI Radeon 7500
                Huh?

Comment

Oops, I thought that was the UT2k4 min requirements. :noob:

Comment

Huh?
                    thats a vid card
                    :bulb:

Comment

It works decently on a 1.33ghz G4 with 512mb and a GeForce2 5200, even with a few detail settings turned up.. so you should have no problems. One thing that really helps performance without much change in the eye candy: use 16-bit color instead of 32.

Comment

Working...
                      X