Vehicle Operation Practice ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle Operation Practice ?

Is there a way to practive vehicle operation in ONS without joining an actual match? It seems unfair to the other team members for a newbie (me!) to grab a valuable asset and blunder around without a clue.

PS - What is the fascination with Torlan anyway?

Use the 'Instant Action' option and play ONS with (or without) bots. Since it is instant action, it is not an online game. Have at it and run over as many things/bots as you want while you are learning how to operate the vehicles.

PL

BTW - There is nothing popular about Torlan. Perhaps you are seeing the demo servers online (demo servers only have Torlan as their ONS map).

Comment

Re: Vehicle Operation Practice ?

Originally posted by Morgus
      Is there a way to practive vehicle operation in ONS without joining an actual match? It seems unfair to the other team members for a newbie (me!) to grab a valuable asset and blunder around without a clue.

(...)
      PsyLord just answered that

I'd like to add that I like your attitude Morgus!
      I hope u stick with the game cos u might develop into a smashing team player!
      :up:

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Psylord. My weekend project has just been set.

Comment

Holy **** - a newbie with a clue! GL to ya, Morgus. Please stay in UT2004!! There's a severe shortage of you!

If you ever need any tips w/ various vehicles or general onslaught gameplay and strategy, drop me a PM and I'd be happy to help ya out.

Comment

on the topics of noobs without a clue....
            why do they always jump in my bender just as im about to shoot an avril about to kill me?

Comment

Originally posted by JuggerBC
              on the topics of noobs without a clue....
              why do they always jump in my bender just as im about to shoot an avril about to kill me?
              What? You mean you've lost the thrill of being ripped to shreds by an AVRIL?

OAT, I need pointers for controlling the manta. I'm all the f&#k over the place, hurting myself more than opponents. All the help forums I've looked at give good strategy/usefulness tips on the manta, but don't describe how to fly the **** thing.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

some quick vehicle tips I always suggest:

-Not only learn how to drive the vehicles, but learn the gunner seats as well

-When your playing online and hop in a vehicle, wait a few seconds and sound the horn (default key is ; I believe) so that other players can hop in the gunner seats or hitch rides on top of mantas and scorpions

-Always try to hop in gunner seats when you can. Running around on foot often means bye bye to your head

-Heal Goliaths (as well as other vehicles) when you can; the driver will appreciate it

-It also doesn't hurt to hop out of a vehicle and use an AVRiL when being attacked by a manta/raptor/cicada.

good luck, and have some fun! :up:

Comment

Offline...

Comment

i disagre the hellbender is in my opinion better when alone because you can switch between the turets and drvieing with the 32 and 1 keys right above wasd.

Comment

While that tactic does work, when you're in a gunner seat you are also a sitting duck. Now I, myself, will drive and switch seats- fire off a shot or two, then drive off again, but it's much more effective with a fully occupied HB than a solo one. Unless of course, you park it and just launch EMP's which IMO gets boring.

Comment

driving leaves you just as open if not more so to an attack because it is so easy to toss the hellbender so it cant kill you. and if your driving it you leave yourself defenseless while your alone. which is why it is good to find spots on the maps where the enemy has a hard time reaching your vehicle. and cranking your sfx volume above the music helps because you can hear what is aproching you and from where.

Comment

Working...
                        X