Problems with Map voting Setting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Map voting Setting up

I dont know if its just me but i cant seem to do custom maps for the map voting , all i want to do is this..... i have maps that i have downloaded and i am trying to make 2 diff map types ie..AS for the ones that came with the game and AS MOD for the one`s i have downloaded .. but no matter how i set it in the "MAP VOTING GAME CONFIGURATION" it wont give me the 2 lots of maps i ither get the one`s that came with the game or the ones i downloaded i cant cant get both to come up ...please could you help as its starting to get me angry .....Thanks if you can help

do you mean for instant action or for running a listen server (or something along those lines),
    i thought for instant action you could create/ save map lists and have those be for your current map rotation. But depending on what map list you select is what will show up.
    I thought this was basically the same for online as well, so i think you may need to make sure both lists contain the same maps ie the downloaded and standard maps, otherwise you will only get the certain ones to show up.
    i think, i am merely speculating but would assume it would work along those lines....i will do further checking when i get home tonight and post more info if i find something different from what i said.

Comment

ITs for a listen server .. i have all the maps in the right folders i dont know what the options r in map voting game configuration .... "Game title" i put Assault MOD.."game class "assault"....Abberviation <<no idea what that is .... Map prefixes <<<< no idea ither...Parameters i dont need.....i know if i want just the game maps that come on the cd it does it its self.. i tryed to change it but its all goes like what i put in last post...Thanks if you can help more.

Comment

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53 should answer your questions.

Comment

but that command line based ...there must be some way do do via the host game way ????

Comment

o and how can i set a game like i said i have loads of maps for AS but i want to split them up like AS and AS Mod cos on that link they just say the standerd one`s lik as, ctf ....... cant i have AS mod ??? and if so where can i add it ???

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Vaughan
              but that command line based ...there must be some way do do via the host game way ????
              No it isn't. It tells you how to configure map voting. You can do this via the webadmin too if you want, the same info is relevant. There is no way to configure map voting within the GUI.

If you have a mod that doesn't use a special map prefix (e.g. CTF4- or JB-) you're only way to show only a selection of maps is maplists.

All this is covered by the tutorials on UA.

Comment

ok then sorry about this as am new to this but i have like 30 AS maps but i want to split them up in to 2 groups but every time i try it ither loads one or the other and i cant get both to show up..IE Deafult AS has mothership and my other has AS MOD with 5 others but no matter what i do i ither get one lot or the other and never both on the drop down mapvoting bit i get both name ..ie AS and AS MOD but the maps r the same or one shows nothing at all...please reply to this <abit thick >:cry: unless am blind i cant see on that link you gave me how to make a pre fix ie ASMOD ???

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Vaughan
                  unless am blind i cant see on that link you gave me how to make a pre fix ie ASMOD ???
                  Are the maps for your AS mod called ASMOD-whatever then put Prefix=ASMOD in the vote config for that mode. The part of the map name before the first hyphen (-) is the map prefix and setting Prefix of a vote mode tells xVotingHandler to only display maps with this prefix in the list of maps to vote for.

This is described in the tutorial.

Comment

GOd !!!!! Give me a pc and i build you one in 30 mins but this is way going over my head lol is there not a line you can give me so that i can get the maps to work ??? i mean AS works fine for the maps from the cd BUT I CANT FOR THE LIFE OF ME get the maps i have downloaded to a new map list and work :cry: :cry: :cry: This is what i have in my INI file

[xVoting.xVotingHandler]
                    VoteTimeLimit=60
                    ScoreBoardDelay=5
                    bAutoOpen=True
                    MidGameVotePercent=50
                    bScoreMode=False
                    bAccumulationMode=False
                    bEliminationMode=False
                    MinMapCount=2
                    MapVoteHistoryType=xVoting.MapVoteHistory_INI
                    RepeatLimit=4
                    DefaultGameConfig=1
                    bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
                    bMapVote=True
                    bKickVote=False
                    bMatchSetup=False
                    KickPercent=51
                    bAnonymousKicking=True
                    MapListLoaderType=xVoting.DefaultMapListLoader
                    ServerNumber=1
                    CurrentGameConfig=0

[xVoting.DefaultMapListLoader]
                    bUseMapList=True
                    MapNamePrefixes=DM,DOM,CTF,BR,AS,ONS,VCTF

[DefaultAS MaplistRecord]
                    DefaultTitle=Default AS
                    DefaultGameType=UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo
                    DefaultActive=0
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Convoy
                    DefaultMaps=AS-FallenCity
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Junkyard
                    DefaultMaps=AS-MotherShip
                    DefaultMaps=AS-RobotFactory
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Glacier

[ASMod MaplistRecord]
                    DefaultTitle=AS Mod
                    DefaultGameType=UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo
                    DefaultActive=0
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Area51
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Area52
                    DefaultMaps=AS-B3GrimFireSE2
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Castle_2K4
                    DefaultMaps=AS-ChocolateFactory
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Cirban
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Cirban_r3
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Confexia
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Damnation_r
                    DefaultMaps=AS-DarknessTrials-v1
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Fortress
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Fortress-JMP
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Frigate2k4Finale
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Germania
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Hotworks
                    DefaultMaps=AS-JumpShip
                    DefaultMaps=AS-MD-RoomTrials-Beta
                    DefaultMaps=AS-MZ-HighRise
                    DefaultMaps=AS-NewScorpionCoaster
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Outback
                    DefaultMaps=AS-SLTopia
                    DefaultMaps=AS-TheDoor
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Thief
                    DefaultMaps=AS-Vindication

Now what am i doing wronge ???

Comment

To fix this you need to find out the GameType and MapList class of your mod.

Then look at the following thread which should give you an idea of what you need to put in you INI: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hlight=MapList

You might also take a look at a mutator called UT2Vote49 which may be able to do what you want.

Comment

Working...
                      X