Maya starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maya starting

I am starting to use maya for the first time the 5.0 ple version with UT2k4 and watched a ton of tutorials and VTM's. I am getting ready to make my first model and nothing I found went over how to load the images I want to use as references in to the viewports so I can follow the lines of the image I drew.

I hope this makes sence, similar to the VTM from 3dbuzz where they built the model of the guy, and they followed the lines that were (looked like) pasted behind the viewports so not to get in the way but you could trace the image out inside maya to make it easier on the modeler.

please any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

i used to sellotape things to the screen to "draw" around it... not much help but quite amusing!

Comment

I only use the regular Maya and there it's easy: In the panel where u want your image plane shoose wiev>Image Plane>Import Image... and browse for your image. There's some options there but if u just load it it will end up on the grid. In the Attributes (Ctrl+A when selected) for the image check "Looking through camera" so u don't see the image in all views, adjust Color Gain and Offset so the image dims into the background (impossible to see objects otherwise) and adjust the center values under the Placement Extras tab to position it. Haven't found a way to place it interactively (is that an english word?), but center the pic and push it back from the grid, i.e. in the front view set Z to -100 or something, so it dont interfere with your model. Hope that helps, never tried the ut2k4 version, but hopefully it's the same thing.

Comment

Working...
      X