Lan Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lan Version

does anyone know what files in ut2k3 arent really required for multiplayer. im trying to slim down ut2k3 to like 700 in .rar format and so far ive gotten it down to 1 gig but i need it smaller. i only have dm maps it it though. if anyone knows any textures that arent required for multiplayer dm only if you could tell me that would be great. and if any sounds could be deleted if im only running the default annoincer or sumthing.

thanks alot for your help

did i post this in the wrong section? im new to these forums.

Comment

I don't think that's possible. The multiplayer is so well intergrated into the engine that I don't think you can remove files. Your best bet is not to try.

Why would you want to slim it down anyway? And put it into a rar? I smell something fishy :bulb:

Comment

i want it to be able to go on one disc so that when i have lan partys i can just put that in and copy it to my harddrive. i dunt like keeping it on my hardrive cuz i dunt play it that often other than at lans. i absolutely dispize ppl who put games on p2p networks. all the hardwork that the creators put into there games is going to waste becuz ppl r too cheap to buy them themselves. blah

Comment

Well, your best off just bringing the disks with installing it everytime you want to play it on a computer. The computer should have enough drive space....

Comment

i do alot of video editing on it so i want a more compact version of some of my games and im starting with ut2k3

Comment

Well I can't help you then. Plus, the CD-Key is in the registry, so you'd have to also have to make a .reg file with your cd key as well, or else the game won't work. I won't go into how to do that.

Sorry, but I don't think you can do that. Although, I might be wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X