Problem watching demos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem watching demos

I'm having trouble viewing ut2004 demo4 files downloaded from the net. I download them and put them into my ut2004 demo folder. But when I try to play them in the community section, I get a message saying "Connection Failed. Missing packages utcompv15a, utcompv13, etc. Where can I find these packages to download?

Another question. I notice that a lot of times when I try to get onto some servers I'm forced to download things like maps, skins, guns, etc. I am wearing a skin which I think is pretty cool. When I go unto servers to play, does everyone automatically download my skin so that they can see what i'm playing as?

You will need whatever packages were used when the demo was made. I don't know where you can d/l them, sorry. You might try going into the server browser and checking several servers. In the server info you will see MutUTComp if they are running it on the server. It won't say what version it is but you can connect and it will d/l the package and then you can see if it is the right version.

As for your custom skin, the other players will only see it if they have it also already on their computer. If they don't have it, they will just see the default skin.

Comment

I needed utcomp13 for a demo I downloaded as well... just throw that in google and a site comes up with an entire list of utcomp versions for download. Should be able to get both of those there... if I find the site again, I'll post it.

(edit: found it!)

http://www.xtremeclan.nl/cache.php

Comment

Wombat, I did what you suggested. After spending 45 minutes looking in the server browser for the mutators that I need, I only ended up finding one. Certainly there is a better way to find these packages. Anyway, thanks for your help. I guess I will have to do without watching the demos of leet players.

Edit*
        Richman, I did what u suggested and googled utcomp and ended up with a website with a ton of mutators with a few of what I need. thanks

Comment

You could download DemoWatcher1.4 :

http://www.respawnkiller.de/file.php?id=102

The site is in german and the installation too, but the usage is pretty simple. After you have it installed you can start demos by simply doubleclicking them. UT2004 will get started and the demowatcher will look on a server for missing files and download them automatically (at least the popular ones).

Comment

Working...
          X