This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many aimbot users r there???

i am new at unreal2004 and i am familiar w/ mods and bots to help the average player be godly. but i dont chose to cheat like others and frankly in kinda sick of bein owned and not knowin if they were bein helped by aimbot and such or if i just suck and need to practice more. so i figure i would ask for some opinions on how many ppl use the frickin cheats.

If you are new to Unreal then being "owned" will be part of the game. I have been playing UT2004 since its debute and there are still players out there that make me look like a noob without even breaking a sweat. You need to start practicing and learning all the tips of the trade like how to use the shield gun, hitscan weapons, double-dodging, timing power ups, listening for footsteps, know the advantages of each map, how to contol the maps, guard the best weapons, etc.... Its a long list of things but many skilled players can do most of these things without hesitation. "God" like players will do every one of those things. As for cheating, there is no way to tell how many people cheat. If you feel someone is cheating then leave the room and find some where else to play. Go to instant action and turn the bots up to "godlike" and play like that. You most likely won't be able to even kill a single one, and with that said, there are people on this forum who in a 1v1 godlike bot match will win 25-0.

Comment

If you are that concerned about people using aimbots, go play on servers that use either AntiTCC or UTSecure mutators to catch botters. Both are not fool proof but at least it's better than nothing.

As far as witnessing a bot in action, I've only seen one (speedhack) when UT2004 first came out. Since then, I haven't seen any bots in play (or just haven't suspected them).

PL

Comment

i haven't had a speedhack for ages.

Comment

I agree with what Mostly Harmless has posted. It's very likely that you are just getting owned by very skilled players. I've also been playing since UT2k4 first came out and I'm pretty good, at least a bit better than many, but there are quite a few players that can own me easily.

Since I've been playing I run across probably an average of 1 - 2 aimbotters weekly and I play frequently on many different servers. There's really very few cheaters that you'll find in this game.

Comment

I've only come across one aimbotter in my entire time of playing UT2004. As soon as I switched to spectate him just to make sure, he started complaining to me personally. I watched him idle around for a little bit, his crosshair was trailing a raptor perfectly.

The only other botter I've bumped into was back in UT99 instagid deathmatch. He racked up 30 frags no more than a minute into the game.

Comment

thnx guys u were actually very helpful.....

Comment

The easiest way to find out if someone is using an aimbot, is to spectate them. It's hard to describe in words, what it looks like, but you'll notice them spinning (aiming) with an uncanny speed and shooting and the first sign (pixel) of a player.

I've seen a few botters in ONS and BR, but they are rare, and if you know how to find them, once they know you are watching, they'll leave. But never, and I repeat NEVER, jump to conclusions about someone using cheat w/o 100% proof you know he's botting. Accusing someone with skill as a cheater, is just as bad as being a cheater in my book. So becareful with your accusations.

But I'd say 99% of the times I've been owned, it's that the other player just out matched me. I'm new to the world of UT, but as long as you put in the time to research the tips and tricks, learn the weapons and the movement, you'll be fine.

Lastly, if you find a server with nice people, frequent it! Playing with good folks will also help your game, as they will be willing to answer any questions you have.

Good luck and Happy Fragging!

Comment

There are 14 aimbot users out there.

Comment

Last time i saw botter was in 2k3. 2-5 aimbotters there (all in insta) and 2 invis hacks.

In 2k4 i have seen up to date none, but there is basicly only handful of servers i am playing.

99% of time this guy called player is wrong about this skillful player and accusing him of botting. There are aimbots and hacks out there, but not so many uses them as you might believe.... most of em are just **** good/have exelent day going on.

It also might be you who is the fault (you do something religiously always the same way i.e. some lift jump on some map. witch causes this other person knowing it very fast... all he needs to do then is to blast you sameway everytime since you are predictible).

Then again it is harder to see aimbot in use when playing NW... insta is so much easier to spot (by spectating you will ofcourse see the difference, but seeing it when facing someone is hard(er) in NW)

Comment

eh, i've ran accross about a dozen or so aimbotters/triggerbotters in UT2k4 since it's release. and these are confirmed cheaters, not just accusations. but 12 cheaters is a pretty tiny number in the world of online FPSs. so more than likely you are running into skilled players.

i get called an aimbotter pretty much every time i play on the atari demo servers, so although cheaters are rare, accusations are not. if you suspect a person of cheating, then spectate him and use demorec for proof.

Comment

i've only seen one aimbotter: <ICE> Nimrod. I keep thinking TK's are botters. if you don't mind the extra serving of lag, get anti-TCC For your server.

Comment

not many - but there are loads of great players who will test your self-belief to the limit.

Practice, practice, practice.

Comment

Agree with the most here, there are really great players who continually own.

check out http://www.ffclan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=817 demo of a botter attached so you can see what they look like.

Comment

I've seen one or two on the Atari Demo Server's, they rack up frags pretty quick and keep on getting headshots with the sniper rifles.

Comment

Working...
                              X