How can I sp33d up my download time??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If you mean that it takes ages to download the map for a level you havent played before, the server speed youre downloading form/connecting too varies greatly from server to server. For example the Titan 32 man Server has custom maps and the downloads are really quick (presuming you have broadband). A lot are really slow.

A good idea is too backup your downloaded maps using UT2004mi (they appear under the Cache tab) so if you format your hdd you can install them again easily.

If it's loading times of standard maps then it's prob your pc spec. ie memory (amount of) or cpu or both.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    are you on 56K? I assume not, but just to be sure I gotta ask . Otherwise there isn't much you can do as it is a server side issue. If servers run custom content then they need to use a redirect. If its a favourite server of yours then maybe ask the admin if he/she can give you links to download all the custom content.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't help you with the download times but if it's the loading time that's giving you problems I would suggest you go into settings and make sure "Preload Player Skins" is unchecked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    download the maps before you play the server? if its a custom map, and the server has a webpage, you can usually download map packs.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How can I sp33d up my download time??

How can I sp33d up my download time??

How can i speed up my download time when i am trying to get into a server????? It takes me like 10mins just to get into a server. How can i get a faster laoding time??
Working...
X