AVRIL lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVRIL lock

Is there a special method to keep the AVRil locked onto a flying Manta? The most frustrating thing about this game is getting squashed by Manta's -- I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong. (I am clicking and holding down the right button...)

shoot, wait till the missile gets close, lock, enjoy the explopsion, get sqashed by another manta from behind

:alien:

Comment

you don't need to hold down the right mouse button to lock on....just hold the crosshair over the manta for abit. When i played ons, If I saw a manta i'd fire a missle then try and lock on. Gives them less warning.

Comment

Make sure you're playing on a server where you ping under/around 100. It can be hard to hold a lock if you're higher than that

Comment

also shoot it high above the manta, and then lock on. If your close dont even use the AVRiL unless you have a good shot (he's coming straight for you) because he can easily jump and avoid it, Shock Rifle is better. Secondary will bounce it backwards, and then primary can take him out quickly

Comment

I always have a problem holding a lock when the manta is flying fast and like right by me. Usually the lock turns the whole screen with it as it starts to zoom in, but it can't seem to keep up with that rapid turn while the manta zooms off.. Does it ever lock on? is your second mouse key your alt fire? Other than that, I dunno..

BTW, hi everybody, yes, I'm new.

Comment

Yeah, avril locks can be broken easily in close combat with a manta and, as mentioned, a high ping makes it difficult to get a lock in almost any circumstance. What others have posted here is very good advice when fighting mantas.

Comment

Working...
              X