Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many MB does it send?

How many MBps send UT2004?
    I ask because I want to buy it, but I have only limited credit on network.

plz elaborate more, don't understand?

give more info to get an answer

Comment

Assuming you mean how much bandwidth is used when playing...

Well, if you play on standard servers using only stock maps, then you'll use between 7 and 10 KB/s if you're on a broadband connection, if you're on dial-up then it's somewhat less, something like 3KB/s.

If you play on non-standard servers with custom maps then you'll be downloading much more, usually about 3- 5MB (on average)

Comment

Download DuMeter... Go game for an hour... Then check the average DL/UL values...

Best way of checking your own up/down usage!

Comment

Originally posted by Jes
          Download DuMeter... Go game for an hour... Then check the average DL/UL values...

Best way of checking your own up/down usage!
          Thanks, but I don't have the game, so I ask... I want to know it to know if I shall buy it.

Comment

I think u can buy the game, the only big stuff you need to download (from site's) are the community bonus pack and the editors choice edition and the patch, the ingame download is not so big.
            what is your download limit? maybe u can upgrade to a account without a data limit.

Comment

couldn't you test out the demo and see what kind of bandwith it uses....will give you some idea anyways

Comment

Originally posted by [xcep]Carnage
                I think u can buy the game, the only big stuff you need to download (from site's) are the community bonus pack and the editors choice edition and the patch, the ingame download is not so big.
                what is your download limit? maybe u can upgrade to a account without a data limit.

I have only 0,5 GB for month and cannot change the account.
                If the game online does more than 5 MB in one hour, it's too much for me.
                What do you mean with "good message"? If you dont like my english... it will not be better; I'm French

Comment

Originally posted by Islander

What do you mean with "good message"? If you dont like my english... it will not be better; I'm French
                  How to explain tiz.....

Anyway I'm sure the game doesnt receive or send more than 5 meg's/hour, just disable automatic d/l and only play on standard servers

Comment

Working...
                  X