No CD *patch*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No CD *patch*

Everyone keeps talking about this patch that makes you able to play without the play disc. This is a patch from Atari right? Not a crack that will make you unable to play online. If yes, where can I find it? Thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours,
    TinyTeeth

It's the normal patch.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.

So if I get it right, if i just have the latest patch I don't have to use my play disc?

Comment

Yes, that is right.

Comment

Yes, now I got the latest patch and now I don't have to use the Play Disc anymore. Great for me, since the Securom copy protection says my DVD is pirated, although I've bought the game. :down:

Comment

Good good.

Comment

IIRC, the 3rd patch that came out changed UT2k4 to a no-cd game... Before that, I had to crack it - my play cd seems to be FUBARed!

Comment

i never had to downlaod any patch and I can play without a cd. I dont think I had to type in any install code to install either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jes
                  IIRC, the 3rd patch that came out changed UT2k4 to a no-cd game... Before that, I had to crack it - my play cd seems to be FUBARed!
                  I know the 2 DVD version is already patched out of the box so you technically do have the patch

Comment

www.unrealtournament.com

Comment

Originally posted by mimic479
                      I know the 2 DVD version is already patched out of the box so you technically do have the patch
                      I have the 2 DVD version (Special Edition) but I had to patch my game before I could play it without a disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jes
                        It was the first patch. I still remember how the Tech Help forum was flooded with "wtf my dvd doesn't work!" posts a day after the game was released.

Comment

Originally posted by TinyTeeth
                          I have the 2 DVD version (Special Edition) but I had to patch my game before I could play it without a disc.
                          Same here :bulb:

Comment

I think most of us would like to try and forget that mass flooding. :bulb:

Comment

Working...
                            X