Ingame Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ingame Download

There are some great ut servers out there that run with a lot of mutators, now when you enter those servers, the game automaticly downloads the files for you. My question: how can I play those downloaded mutators, they are not in my list?

use the search

search in the full release forums cache cleaner, or look on www.ut2003hq.com

Comment

no, he's trying to use these mutators and maps or watever after he's downloaded them online in a game and in single player...

which u can't do.

harsh

Comment

The files you download are stored in a chache folder under a different filename. They're only accessed when you connect to a server using a cached mutator. Furthermore, the cache is emptied every 30 days, but you can change that setting in UT2004.INI.

There's a bunch of CacheCleaners and CacheManagers out there you can use to convert the cached files.

Comment

Originally posted by Harsh_but_Fair
          no, he's trying to use these mutators and maps or watever after he's downloaded them online in a game and in single player...

which u can't do.

harsh
          Yes you can, just get a cache grabbing program that'll pull files out of the cache for you, convert them to proper formats, and put them in their proper folders.

Comment

|
            |
            |
            |
            |
            V

Comment

cool thnks i downloaded that thing. took 2 seconds :up:

harsh

Comment

Cache-grabbers aren't really that good a tool...
                The odds of corrupt/uncomplete transfers, or file mismatch problems, are too high...

I'd rather read the server's mut-list, then go look for those that I'm interested in using myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jes
                  Cache-grabbers aren't really that good a tool...
                  The odds of corrupt/uncomplete transfers, or file mismatch problems, are too high...

I'd rather read the server's mut-list, then go look for those that I'm interested in using myself.
                  If the download of a cached file was interrupted or corrupted then the file will have a bad name in the cache folder. My utility deletes those files and does not install them at all.

Yes there are a lot of buggy cache utilities around. Why do you think I made mine?:weird:

Comment

Working...
                  X