Hitscan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitscan??

Can someone just define this for me (in UT2004 terms)? I've heard the term tossed about a bit but could never really figure it out.

It sounds like something that fits in the aimbot category, but then again, I'm no fps vet, so could someone just explain?

its pretty straight forward, it means that the weapon has no delay between fire and impact. This means you dont have to lead when you shoot. Some hitscans are Shock Rifle, The Snipers, Minigun primary, assualt rifle, maybe more. For them the second you shoot it hits, as opposed to rockets, which fly in mid air for a while.

Comment

Ah, I get it now :up:

Thanks

Comment

no prob

Comment

Originally posted by Firebert
          its pretty straight forward, it means that the weapon has no delay between fire and impact. This means you dont have to lead when you shoot. Some hitscans are Shock Rifle, The Snipers, Minigun primary, assualt rifle, maybe more. For them the second you shoot it hits, as opposed to rockets, which fly in mid air for a while.
          actualy, the sniper rifle has a projectile. allthough the lightning gun does not. see bold.

Comment

Originally posted by CaTdAeMoN
            actualy, the sniper rifle has a projectile. allthough the lightning gun does not. see bold.
            heh, learn something new everyday. O well, just one more reason to use lg

Comment

Originally posted by CaTdAeMoN
              It has a tracer, but the actual damage trace is hitscan.

Comment

Actually, all UT guns need a lead off. Thoguh the ones you mentioned arent noticable during normal play. But when you try to snipe with a shockrifle, you begin to notic that your target has moved by the time your shot hits. I have demos to prove it. it goes for the lighting gun as well. But there no ut maps wth suck rage that come with the game. In some custom large custom maps you will see the delay in the shots.

Also, bith the primary fire and secondary fire of the minigun need leadoffs even in medium range. I have held my target over someone and do no dmg to them if i don't lead off. I have demos of that too.

but your still right in the sense that its barely noticeable 98% of the time, so I guess they would be considered such

Comment

Originally posted by Turbidity
                  It has a tracer, but the actual damage trace is hitscan.
                  Are you TOTALY sure?

Because i miss if the person dodges right after i fire... this may be lag though.

Comment

I've messed around some with slomo 0.1 and I've not been hit while dodging the sniper's "tracers". Of course that's no conlcusive evidence, but it suggests they're not just "tracers".

Comment

Originally posted by FireStorm2KO
                      Actually, all UT guns need a lead off. Thoguh the ones you mentioned arent noticable during normal play. But when you try to snipe with a shockrifle, you begin to notic that your target has moved by the time your shot hits. I have demos to prove it. it goes for the lighting gun as well. But there no ut maps wth suck rage that come with the game. In some custom large custom maps you will see the delay in the shots.

Also, bith the primary fire and secondary fire of the minigun need leadoffs even in medium range. I have held my target over someone and do no dmg to them if i don't lead off. I have demos of that too.

but your still right in the sense that its barely noticeable 98% of the time, so I guess they would be considered such
                      this might be from lag, or from the fact that the weapon doesn't fire the milisecond you click, either way, its practically instant. O this can also change if you dont have your weapon on center, since it bumps it a little bit off if its left or right (i've seen pics, try it against a wall, you'll notic)

Comment

can't be lag, it was bot match... unless my pc lags against itself... thats werid. No i'm pretty sure I'm right, I have the dmeos to prive it.

Comment

Working...
                        X