rly need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rly need help

i just d/l both packages and some other stuff, like other maps and skins, everything went go, i put them all in the right folders and such, i went to go play a game and my connection wasnt working, i d/l a patch and it worked, just now when the game starts, ie like when the guy comes out w/ the minigun i cant skip it and once im in a game, my mouse or keyboard works, and when the map is loading, theres not pic, its just loading..... with the map and stuff, please help

i can see i made some mistakes,*good, then i meant my mouse and keyboard DOESNT work in the game or while the intro plays, so i cant fire to join and stuff and move around w/ wasd

Comment

1. what mouse and keyboard are you using ....brand, cordless, wired?
      2. do you have latest drivers installed?

I am just trying to understand correctly....so before installing some packages (what were they btw) everything was ok, but after that the join game/ internet portion wouldn't work....latest patch fixed that problem but now your mouse and keyboard don't work in the game? Did they work before the patch?

Comment

i have just regular dell mouse/keyboard, yeh what happened was i found some1 that was helping me about maps and skins, so i d/l the packages and skins, then put them in the folders and everything was ok til i tried to join a game, the connection kept failing, so then some1 gave me a link to the patch and that fixed the prob of the connection, but the ut04 intro part, my mouse doesnt work, or when im in a game, i cant click to join or spin around or walk foward w/ the keyboard, and while loading, the big pics that usually come up arent there just the tip and loading ,and yeh, b4 i d/l the packages and such everything worked, connection keyboard/mouse

Comment

oo, and i dont know what you mean by drivers, or what they are

Comment

ok....driver definition:

A program that controls a device. Every device, whether it be a printer, disk drive, or keyboard, must have a driver program. Many drivers, such as the keyboard driver, come with the operating system. For other devices, you may need to load a new driver when you connect the device to your computer. In DOS systems, drivers are files with a.SYS extension. In Windows environments, drivers often have a.DRV extension.
            A driver acts like a translator between the device and programs that use the device. Each device has its own set of specialized commands that only its driver knows. In contrast, most programs access devices by using generic commands. The driver, therefore, accepts generic commands from a program and then translates them into specialized commands for the device.
            i will also do some searching and see what i can find for you

Comment

well yeh, then i have a drive, i guess something went wrong w/ my d/ls cuz my mouse/keyboard works everywhere else, any one know anything that can fix my prob??

Comment

if can't get it to work right, you may need to reinstall the game....
                try deleting this file:
                user.ini
                it will create a new one when you restart the game.
                found this solution in this thread:
                http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...board+problems

Comment

whats the user.ini and where do i go to delete it??

Comment

go into your system folder (it's a folder in your UT2004 folder)....from there look for the user.ini file .....

Comment

i have a "user" file in the system its like a notepad is that it? theres no .ini

Comment

yeah i think that's it....
                        when you open you should see a bunch of didfferent settings for various things....
                        some will be set to true or false...
                        it should have all your detail settings etc...
                        should look something like this:

http://zoness.net/kassie/unreal/files/KassieUser.ini

Comment

yep, it looks exactly like that, thanks

Comment

hope it helps.....let me know

Comment

yep it worked perfectly, everything is back to normal, thanks amillion

Comment

Working...
                              X