a little help to someone thinking about getting game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a little help to someone thinking about getting game

First off is Unreal tournament 2003 and 2004 different games or just different updates to mods ?

How many players can be in an arena at once ?

would a 2.6 gig processor
    128 mb video geforce 5200
    512 mb ram

be pretty sufficient enough to run game well.

Is there normally a lot of people online and ez to get a game going?

Anything special i have to do to get the game going for online play or just buy it and download it ?

Also pls rate the game overall for graphics, speed of action, and gameplay 0 to 10 pls

Also can u customize ur own charecters look ?

1. 2004 for is an updated version of 2003. 2004 comes with two extra modes (Onslaught and Assault), vehicles, a bunch of new characters, around 50 or so new maps (also contains all the maps from 2003 and the bonus packs).

2. Max pLayers = 32

3. Yeah you can run the game on that machine just fine, but don't expect to play with all graphic settings to their highest

4. Yes

5. Nope, game comes with it's own server browser that's very easy to use.

6. It's a great game in all aspects, just don't be surprised if a lot of people kick the **** out of you, a lot of the players that played 2003 are playing 2004 now so they got experience, so just practice against bots and you'll get better.

7. Yes you can, but it's not exactly an easy process since you can't change a characters look in-game. i'm not a skinner/modeler so i can't really say much more than that.

Comment

Vector pretty much summed it up.

As for skins, I'd say there's maybe 50-60 charcters to choose from, but then you can download custom skins and models that users have made. If you're really good, you can make your own skin/model.

Comment

yep, i agree with all the above. i might go out on a limb and say the graphics are second only to doom 3 and HL2.... and the physics are certainly some of the best out there.

Comment

i wouldnt actually go that far... with the proper skill and well, basically the proper skill, people can get maps looking very very nice , such as the ones you find in cbp2, although ut2k4's technology is quite outdated by this time and they have to work within its 2002-era constraints (like no real time reflections, and pretty strange alpha blending sometimes) plus the ragdoll physics were cool when i first bought 2003 but now theyre getting abit old cuz you start noticing that the pelvis is the part of the body which will most likely remain intact and decapitations occur as if characters are like plastic toys snapping at the joints...

Comment

One note on custom skins and models.

You can't use them online, only in insta/single player games. Why? In order for the other players to see the skin/model all machines involved in the game have to have it too. If they don't they will just see you as the default George model.

Comment

Originally posted by LLEVIATHANN
              One note on custom skins and models.

You can't use them online, only in insta/single player games. Why? In order for the other players to see the skin/model all machines involved in the game have to have it too. If they don't they will just see you as the default George model.
              thats Gorge, not "George", lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by XplosivesXpert
                thats Gorge, not "George", lmao!
                D'oh good catch...Doom has been sucking too much sleep away...

Comment

Working...
                X