Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiplayer maps disappear offline?

Hi all,

Bought UT2004 because a friend runs his own server, and was playing there last night. Between matches, my computer would download the next map -- modded sniper-only maps, in which you're in a giant room (kitchen, bathroom, shed, games room, etc.) Low gravity, extra jumping, etc.

I'm wondering where they are now! I tried doing a file search for part of their names, but can't find them anywhere. I'd like to keep playing these maps offline to explore them a bit and test my skills with bots.

Where are the maps the computer auto-downloads for online games?

Why can't I find and slot them into "Instant Action" Deathmatches?

I found this aswell. I think you only download half of it or something like that which only lets you play it when you join a server. You'll have to search on google or something for a full download.

Comment

The downloaded maps go into the UT200x\Cache folder. The easiest way to convert them to permanent maps is a cache cleaner. In this thread are links for two cache cleaners. You can find other links by entering cache cleaner in the search field.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...=cache+cleaner

Comment

Excellent! I'll give that a try, and thanks!

Comment

PERFECT!

Mods -- somebody should sticky that cache-saving thread!

Comment

Cache-Cleaners are already addressed in -=SR=-Killers stickyfied thread here in the Beginner Forum.

Comment

good find! I was about to ask the same!

Comment

I didn't know u cud do dat

Comment

Originally posted by Coriolis
                  Cache-Cleaners are already addressed in -=SR=-Killers stickyfied thread here in the Beginner Forum.
                  True 'nuff. Could you maybe put a descriptor after the cache heading, though? As a noob, I was looking for "online maps" and "downloading maps" and "play maps," etc. but had no idea that I should be investigating the cache.

Thanks!

Comment

Perhaps you should try and PM -=SR=-Killer himself and ask what he thinks about adding a note or changing the description. He´s maintaining that list, so you´d have to discuss that with him.

Comment

Done and done. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                      X