Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bot skill levels... details? equal to humans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bot skill levels... details? equal to humans?

I'm slowly figuring out all the details that affect bot behaviors--like the specific attributes you can edit for each, and the optional Species Statistics mutator. One thing left I'd like to know: what EXACTLY is the numeric effect of each bot skill level?

(Novice - Average - Experienced - Skilled - Adept - Masterful - Inhuman - Godlike)

The main thing I want to know is... what's the lowest skill level that still gives bots the PHYSICAL abilities (run speed, jump height) to match human players. (In other words, they can be terrible at USING those abilities, but I want them to at least run at the same speed I do!)

Full details on the skill level effects would be great, though.

TIA!

i'm pretty sure bots physical abilities are the same as humans, they run as fast, jump as high, and shoot as quick. They do do things that real people cant, like see perfectly, turn instantly (a human can do it too, but only if your amazing) and see behind them, get perfect aim and leading, i'm sure somebody knows the actual numbers, but i dont think godlike bots are any faster, or anything like that, they just have unreal skillz to make up for the lack of a brain

Comment

I don't know that higher-skill bots are faster than humans, but lower-skill ones ARE slower. You can catch up and pass them easily. (Very noticeable in Team games--they may try to "cover" you but they can't keep up!)

I'll experiment and see if I can estimate the speeds, and tell which skill level removes this speed penalty--but if anyone knows the "real numbers" I'd be interested. (On issues other than speed, too.)

I'm not sure whether any other "physical" skills vary, besides just speed. That's the obvious one, the others (like jump height) are harder to check. I'm guessing speed is the only physical difference between bot skill levels.

Comment

Novice bots deal only about half damage too.

While difficulty level makes a huge difference in bot performance, the individual bot stats seem to have very little impact.

I tweaked my bots quite a bit, but I must confess I'm only guessing what the attributes mean. I suspect Aggressiveness is the chance of a bot moving in or giving chase, that Accuracy is the amount by which the random deviation added to their shots is reduced, and that Jumpiness is the chance of a bot deciding to jump or dodge.

I don't have a clue what Tactics or (especially) Style mean. I've played bots with min and max settings, but I couldn't spot any obvious differences. Tactics might be the bot's awareness of ally positions (and perhaps enemy positions as well). The robots have higher Tactics and seem to be more adept at chasing down EFCs, for example.

Anyone have any hard data on this? Anyone have a clue what Style is?

Comment

Anybody know, if there is a setting for the UT2004.ini file to put in, to select/configure that "(Novice - Average - Experienced - Skilled - Adept - Masterful - Inhuman - Godlike) " instead of changing this each time over webadmin !?
          Would be helpful, if there is a setting for

Comment

My question is about the overall skill levels, not the individual attributes. Any data on the overall skill levels?

But re the individual attributes, I did find some info on here. Not much. Combat Style seems to mean Cautions->Berserk... but I don't know how that's different from Aggression.

To experiment, you can spectate a match with 2 bots set to different extremes. But I've discovered that each bot is different in ways that are NOT in the editable stats: some bots will stomp some other bots no matter what you do with their sliders. But if you find two bots that are truly similar (trial and error) and then set one to max Combat Style and Agression and the other to min... and then give them only Shield Guns... you will see the Agressive bot chase the other one all over

Comment

Re: Bot skill levels... details? equal to humans?

Originally posted by Nagromme
              I'm slowly figuring out all the details that affect bot behaviors--like the specific attributes you can edit for each, and the optional Species Statistics mutator. One thing left I'd like to know: what EXACTLY is the numeric effect of each bot skill level?

(Novice - Average - Experienced - Skilled - Adept - Masterful - Inhuman - Godlike)

The main thing I want to know is... what's the lowest skill level that still gives bots the PHYSICAL abilities (run speed, jump height) to match human players. (In other words, they can be terrible at USING those abilities, but I want them to at least run at the same speed I do!)

Full details on the skill level effects would be great, though.

TIA!
              Dunno, probably Experienced or Skilled. Novice skill bots have severe handicaps and Average bots seem to be handicapped somewhat as well.

Comment

Working...
              X