• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mantas for n00bs!

Sup newbs!

Have a look at my Beginner's Guide to Mantas

Hope u learn something!

Something seems to have gone weird with the navbar on the left or the page organization - it often sends you to paragraphs that don´t match with the descriptions (e.g. if you follow the 'V. Manta and Onslaught strategy' you get to the middle of the 'Defending against Manta' part).
    Otherwise, nice info for beginners. :up:

Concerning the 'On Foot vs. Manta' part, you didn´t mention how devastating a Spider Mine can be, if it´s shot right in the face of an approaching Manta. It bumps them back and deals hefty 140-150 damage - release a second Spider Mine after the first one stopped the Manta and see it go BOOM.

While we´re at the topic of Spider Mines - mention the Spider Combo as well. Dropping two mines on the wings doesn´t take longer than two seconds and is quite effective against players on foot.

Comment

Cool, great info - I'll add that and fix the frames.
      thx:up:

Comment

Mantas

Before I get in a manta, i put a spider mine on each fan so that if i miss the guy, he will still more than likely die, or i load it full and run fast for an enemy node and bail at the last second

Comment

Nice :up:. Now you ought to make one for the other vehicles.

Comment

OH NOEZ!

Dont worry... be happy.

Cuz im adding this to my help the newbs thread :up:

Comment

i guess i should take a look on that... i've always hated mantas (IMO they are the work of the devil!) to the level i've become a expert on killing them on foot, but when im IN a manta... people can goo me to death :sour:

Comment

Haha, you should check out our training center. Look here
                The 'leaders' are on vaca. so we've been having rather unorganized training sessions, but as soon as they get back we can teach you some kick *** techniques. Have a look (be careful it's a huge thread...)

Comment

okay... i'll try to do it as discretly as possible, if people knew my manta techniques are that weak, im gonna get laughed at forever :bulb:

Comment

hah dude the point is for you to get better, come check it out i'd be happy to teach you some manta skillz. No one is gonna laugh at you man

Comment

Good stuff!!

Comments:

Hitting a Manta with a Benders Lazer is almost impossible unless the Manta is sitting still or flying a predictable path.

I've become quite good at killing Mantas with a tank. Trick is to turn the turret and the tank in the same direction at the same time. You do this in the opposite direction that they are circling you so it will get your gun lined up quicker. Then, fire in front of them and let the splash damage do the work.

Also, you can lose a missle lock on sometimes by violently jumping/dropping up and down.

Comment

Manta boost-jump

I've never seen this tip anywhere and I don't see it in your guide. I can't be the only one who knows but FYI: you can crouch-jump the manta to go higher.

Just crouch, release, and immediately jump. You don't go a LOT higher but it can be very important at times.

For instance in ONS-Dria (will all the crumbling forts and walls) there are long barriers the Manta can't jump. You have to find an arch or broken-down section to get through, or else ramp off of a hill. Unless you crouch-jump--then you can just leap the wall anywhere you like!

Comment

Awesome tips guys! I'll be sure to include these in the comments section. Thanks!

Comment

Me(on foot) VS (stupid)Manta Pilot
                            I win.
                            An avril missile can kill either the pilot or the Manta.
                            Yessss, Just one Missile.

Comment

I found this very helpful. Its helped me in lots of sticky situations.

Comment

Working...
                              X