getting online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting online

i'm a total newbie. been playing UT 2004 since feb and its the best game i've played. Never played on any game before but I want to take UT one step further by going online (as i'm not too bad now). I tried to make head nor tail of the manual and it really looked beyond me. Is there anyone out there who could tell me simply how to get onto or host an online game?

join game>internet tab> lookup game type.

don't forget to uncheck the stander server box.

host game>> gametype>>map is the easyest way to get it started. and u can turn on option that u like in the host game menu..

good luck.

Comment

Hosting a game is quite a bit more difficult, if you've ever played Warcraft or Starcraft, it's not like that where you can start a game any time you want. You actually have to host the game and keep it running 24/7, and you usually need another computer to do it. Most people simply rent servers from other hosts. Then there's lots of configurations to do to tweak the server to the right settings.

I think you're better off just joining.

Comment

Thanx for that imfo i'll probably try just joining at the moment. However there is a slight problem. When I go into main meny join game the game crashes and throws me out.

The window that comes up is mostly gobbledegook to me but it does say socketdata = invalidsocket data. It also seems to think I have Lan Line which I am not sure I have. I have broadband
        Any ideas?

Thanx.

Comment

do you have a firewall that maybe blocking internet access to ut?

Comment

Posting the gobbledegook might help.

Comment

thanx so much for your time. it was the firewall that was causing the problem. I'm not quita as good as wot I thought. I guess I'm going to meet real experts on line. Have to learn to die gracefully till i'm more experienced.

cheers

Comment

if u want some guys to help u make ur way, check out the site in my sig, we can help u get better

Comment

Working...
                X