Weapon orders not recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon orders not recognized

I redid my weapon order in my prefs today so I'd have the Flak Cannon first, the Shock Gun second, the Avie third, Rocket gun fourth etc. However on some servers, I still get Link gun first and have to scroll through to get my first choice.

Is the server able to set weapon order and override the user prefs?

Re: Weapon orders not recognized

Originally posted by utn00b
    I redid my weapon order in my prefs today so I'd have the Flak Cannon first, the Shock Gun second, the Avie third, Rocket gun fourth etc. However on some servers, I still get Link gun first and have to scroll through to get my first choice.

Is the server able to set weapon order and override the user prefs?
    Dunno i've never changed the weapon order - use key binds to select your weapons instead of the mouswheel up/down ; then weapon switching is instantaneous and you know exactly which weapon you will get.

For example, i have all the keys from 0-9 on my Numpad bound to diff weapons - takes a while to remember which is which but once you do you realise just how beneficial it is.

If you dont bind your keys and use them, and continue to use the mousewheel instead; you might as well give up this game now - why? Because in the heat of online action, you are going to die while fumbling for the right weapon.

:up: :noob: :up:

Comment

Going to? It's already happened more times than I care to admit.

Comment

Going to? It's already happened more times than I care to admit.
        There you go then - get bindin' :up: but use a setup close to whatever direction keys u use.

I'd been playing online 6 months before i got taught this, 6 months of flicking the wheel in the middle of a 1-0n-1 battle, only to switch to the shield gun or the AVRiL as i get a Flak cannon in the face :down:

Comment

What do I put in for the binding? Do I put stuff like FlakCannon and LinkGun after the numbers?

Comment

What do I put in for the binding? Do I put stuff like FlakCannon and LinkGun after the numbers?
            You can, but thats the hard way - easiest way is from the main menu just to go into settings - input - configure controls :up:

Comment

I looked at that once and was totally confused by it. Yup, I'm a hapless newb. :cry:

Comment

I looked at that once and was totally confused by it. Yup, I'm a hapless newb. :cry:
                Dont worry bout it we've all been there - scroll down the list to the weapons - then click on each one (not on the name, below where it says Key1 or Key2) ONCe with your left mouse button and then press whichever key u want to bind to it. At some point you will doubleclick by accident thereby making that key bound to your mouse button lol - so dont forget to change it back - scroll up to "Primary fire" and doubleclick on that - or if u mess it up totally and want to start again - theres a "Reset" button on the bottom :up:

Comment

OK I'll look at that next time I play. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X