Where do I find the translocator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I find the translocator?

Ok, I know when someone tells me, it'll be a head-slapping moment. But I've tried everything in the game I can think of, read the instruction manual, and spent more than an hour searching this board.

Where on earth can I find a translocator?

Not all gametypes have the translocator enabled, that might be the reason why you can´t find it. I think only Capture the Flag and Bombing Run have it by default, additionally the Transloc can be enable in most Deathmatch variants (not in Onslaught or Assault though).

If you´re playing a gametype that has the Translocator enabled, you have it as a default weapon (similar to shield gun). Check Settings -> Input -> Configure Controls to find out which key switches your current weapon to the Translocator (default is circumflex = ^ , IIRC).

Comment

Default key for the translocator is Q.

Comment

agreed,

try an offline game look at the settings and make sure translocator is enabled.

Comment

If you are playing BR or CTF, the TL will come as a standard weapon. If you cycle through your weapons, you should begin each CTF match with an assault Rifle, a Shield Gun and a Translocator. The TL shoots a little disc, and then you right click to teleport to where ever the disc is. Cycle through your guns, its the small thing that shoots the disc.

Comment

Yup, pretty handy to get around a ctf map fast.

Too bad telefragging is almost made impossible, :sour:

Comment

You can never 'find' the translocator. Just like the shield gun, you either have it when you load, or you don't. You will never drop either shield gun nor translocator when you die (unless there is a mutator out there that does it, but I haven't seen any). So either the game has it enabled or it doesn't (just like what the others have said).

Just further clarification,
              PL

Comment

I think that in some VCTF maps you can actually get the Xlocator just like another weapon and don't spawn with it. Not certain though..

Comment

you can.

Comment

OK, guys. Maybe I'm just dense. But I'm still not getting it.

I'm currently playing a single player offline game (Tourney-Ladder), a Bombing Run in experienced (BR-Skyline). There is no translocator in my HUD, and cycling through all my weapons doesn't produce the TL. I spawn with only a shield gun and an assault rifle.

Meanwhile, both my AI teammates and my opponents clearly have TLs.

The TL is enabled. Under "RUles" it says Tranlocator=True.

What gives?

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                      X