Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For beginners: here is a map for training jumps, shock combos and aiming [for UT2004]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a total noob

after downloading the training center and runnig winzip how do i load it in to ut2k4?

Comment

Re: I'm a total noob

Originally posted by Dagon slayer
      after downloading the training center and runnig winzip how do i load it in to ut2k4?
      Did you extract all the files into your UT2004 folder? (c:/ut2004 by default). The text file included in the ZIP file also explains it.

Then start UT2004, go Community->Demos, select fng-traininggournds and Watch Demo

Comment

do i just leave the zip file open and run the game or do i take the fng training file and put it some where. i went to the comunity but it wont let me into demos?

Comment

forget what i said befor i unziped the file into the c:\ut2004 then i when to comunity and i still cant get to demos

Comment

wow i never thought i'd come across music that was so bad i couldn't stand to watch anymore

congratulations

I better DL the map and try this for myself - sounds good, I liked Temple of Trials - And I could do with knowing a few more trick jumps...

Comment

Originally posted by Dagon slayer
              forget what i said befor i unziped the file into the c:\ut2004 then i when to comunity and i still cant get to demos
              I am not sure what you mean by "you can't get to demos". Do you mean the "demos" tab isn't showing or in the demos section the fng-trainingrounds doesn't show?

Here is what you have to do using WinZIP.

With your right mousebutton, click on the file DM-FnG-TrainingGrounds.zip, select WinZIP->Extract to...
              There, select C:\UT2004 and click "Extract".

The file fng-traininggrounds.demo4 should now be in the folder C:\UT2004\Demos (please check)

Now you start UT2004 and go Community->Demos, select fng-traininggrounds and Watch Demo.

Also, make sure you have the latest patch installed: http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/downloads.php

Comment

thanks it worked i fell kinda dumb now cuzz it was so easy

Comment

I love this map been playing for practise since the previous version and still go for a quick 'workout' whenever i can.

Pay attention to XOR young n00bs - he is wise and from him you will learn much, including the Art of Dodge, and The Way of the Exploding Shock Combo.

Even if his aim is a bit iffy at times :up: :haha: :up:

Comment

Don't remind me about my aim, I know it sucks. :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by jegHegy
                      [B]i have made a short trickjumping movie featuring this map. download is available at http://www.nemesisproductions.com/je..._Junk-xvid.zip (16mb).

I know its been awhile but is this demo gone? if so can I still get one somewhere? Thanks

Comment

Re: update

Originally posted by XOR
                        I have updated the ZIP file with a demo that doesn't require the Jailbreak mod. You can download the demo separately here:

http://jakob.magiera.net/ut/fng-trai...ounds-demo.zip
                        This link still works. 8)

Comment

Working...
                        X