Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For beginners: here is a map for training jumps, shock combos and aiming [for UT2004]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For beginners: here is a map for training jumps, shock combos and aiming [for UT2004]

I am proud to announce that the successor of DM-LKS_TrainingGrounds has been released. I have made it for and with the help of the Fun 'n' Games Community on whose server it is also running.

This map can help beginners to practice their aiming, shock combos and jumping skills. A demo is included in the package. View the demo by selecting Community->Demos->Play from the main menu in the game. Have fun!

Download:

DM-FnG-TrainingGrounds 4.5 MB zipped
    alternative Download location

intressting cute map

Comment

update

I have updated the ZIP file with a demo that doesn't require the Jailbreak mod. You can download the demo separately here:

http://jakob.magiera.net/ut/fng-trai...ounds-demo.zip

Comment

Hmm some of those jumps are almost impossible to do...
        /me goes practice some more

Comment

I downloaded this a few days ago, awesome work :up: (I've been playing unreal since unreal1 and this is the best training map I've come across)

One thing tho, I've mastered all the jumps etc. but can you tell me if it's possible to boost yourself from the sniper rifle "tower" to the lift jump part of the course using the shield gun?
          I've been trying to do that for AGES but can't get it, (but I came SO close loads of times) not even with RL

Comment

great job XOR :up: It showed me what was really possible with jumping

having a few 1 v 1 's in the shockarea to

Comment

Originally posted by [6pk]Shambler
              One thing tho, I've mastered all the jumps etc. but can you tell me if it's possible to boost yourself from the sniper rifle "tower" to the lift jump part of the course using the shield gun?
              I've been trying to do that for AGES but can't get it, (but I came SO close loads of times) not even with RL
              I just tried it. IMO it's not possible.

But you reminded me that I forgot to show the jump to get to the sniper rifle in the demo. Maybe I'll make a new demo.

Comment

i thought i saw this map about 1 months ago...
                Is that correct?
                It is a great practice map however..

Comment

Screenshots please

Comment

Originally posted by Qureshi
                    Screenshots please
                    Sorry, my webhoster is having trouble. I have posted the screenshot in an alternative location now, see above.

The map is a remake of LKS_TrainingGrounds, which is for UT2003 (see 1st post).

Comment

This is the best training map I've ever seen, well done.

Comment

Excelent work and i will certainly download this.
                        Been using the first one LKS_TrainingGrounds for ages for part of my clan training. and if that is anything to go by this is a must.

Thanks XOR:up:

Comment

Originally posted by XOR
                          It is possible. I recorded a demo of how I did it. If I knew how to post it up on the net I would. So I guess for now if anyone wants it PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by XOR

But you reminded me that I forgot to show the jump to get to the sniper rifle in the demo. Maybe I'll make a new demo.
                            you talking about that jump from the block to the other blockw itht he small rectangular lift on it?

coz if you are, you use a wall dodge. Dodge Jump at the wall to your right at a 45 degree angle, then press left and jump when you hit the wall to wall dodge onto the platform. Use a lift jump to get to the platform above it, then another wall dodge to get the shield pack

EDIT> oops, i just foudn the sniper rifle tower you were talking about, my bad :P

Comment

Originally posted by [6pk]Shambler
                              Ok, let's get this straight. You are talking about a jump like this:

DuckMySick sent me a demo, but his jump is "only" to the jump pad, not the lift jump part. As I said, the jump in this picture is not possible IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X