Need HELP - Multiplayer Set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need HELP - Multiplayer Set up

Everyone please be nice to me. I have never set up a networked game before. I want to play UT 2004 with my son. We have 2 PC's on our home network. Do I have to buy TWO sets of the game to play it on our home network. I'm not trying to cheat or steal Atari from their money. But, this is crazy. I don't know how to set up the game so I can play my son over our home network. I thought I could load game on to one of the PC's and have it act as a server. But, it looks like I need to install on other PC. I have no clue what to do But, I did set up our network OK. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You need to install it on both computers. After that, one should start the game as a server and the other one should find the game under Join Game - Lan tab. Since you only have one cd-key I guess you cannot play online (internet) with both computers but I think it should work in a lan. If you think in legal terms you have to by 2 copies but thats up to you.

Comment

here my freind i mad a help thread for that check it out if you got soem question post a message

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=368547

Originally posted by Nickless
      You need to install it on both computers. After that, one should start the game as a server and the other one should find the game under Join Game - Lan tab. Since you only have one cd-key I guess you cannot play online (internet) with both computers but I think it should work in a lan. If you think in legal terms you have to by 2 copies but thats up to you.

if you do choses not to buy the game 2ice. you need a no-cd crack, thats all. because the game requires the CD to play. for Lan game you can both have the same CD key there is no prob. do to the rules of the forum i cant give you any link to this crack. youll have to find it its not too hard juts be carefull some NO-CD crack are set up to take you CD-key and send it to the net and then a ton of people are using it to play on the net then it gets baned... SO if you try this make sur you have a firewall active and scan your Crack to make sure JUst for you info i use a No-CD crack myself for my LAN games i bought my orignal copie only 1 comp plays on the net. the other is only for lan games and offline use. so i find im not breaking any laws

Online Gamming you need each a diffrent CD-key.

hope this and my thread helps you

Comment

Uhm, the latest patch removed the cd-check.
        http://unrealtournament.com/ut2004/downloads.php

Comment

Multiplayer setup

listen dude not to be rude just buy a new game if ur woried about the cost go to wallmart ist cheap 24.99$ and add ur sons user name when u setup multiplayer mode to ur buddy list u dont have to listen to me cusae i dont got the game yet. Check it out on multiplayer mode and post back here well thats i got

LATER DAYS$$

Comment

Re: Multiplayer setup

Originally posted by HeadSnipa
            listen dude not to be rude just buy a new game if ur woried about the cost go to wallmart ist cheap 24.99$ and add ur sons user name when u setup multiplayer mode to ur buddy list u dont have to listen to me cusae i dont got the game yet. Check it out on multiplayer mode and post back here well thats i got

LATER DAYS$$

hummmm get the game before you say wired :weird: stuff......

Comment

Man im probably getin it this monday 06-21-04 i might even woop
              a$$ its probably no diferent then Quake or RED-Faction 2 or even HALO i played Unreal Tournament for my PS2 and wooped a$$
              so i mean its for sure tht this game is better then all those game i named put toghether. I might even kill u 1 or 10 times thts my total on kill on advanced players shoting games are all about skill if u cant shoot a gun learn or practice if our defending something snipe from above it works in halo was playen my cuzin and his 2 friends i owned them im i smoked them first 2 macths by sniping then they decided to team up all three of them against me amn tht amcht was hard they were lokin for me and couldnt find me when they close i shot them when i ran out of amo i went and got some one of them went to my spot and said im not with yall anymore then BANG!!! i shot him right in the head he kept quit cause he was imberased man lolololololol :haha: :haha: :haha: he
              got pised cuz i wouldnt tell him were i shoot him from lol he found out were i was and stayed there sniping us i told him if u snipe me ill rocket his a$$ so he did then i told my cuzin and his other friend to wacth this they did and i got the rocket luancher i thin tht
              was it name they got snipers they looked at the spot i used to be at and saw there friend up there lookin at them with a sniper rifle
              i said bye bye and puled the triger the BOOM!!! he got killed funy hung

"LATER DAYS"

Comment

Working...
              X