ONS Strategy Guide (60 pages)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS Strategy Guide (60 pages)

Hey guys, we just released a strategy guide for ONS since there appears to be still a lot people that do not understand the gametype. The link to the PDF file is located below and is only temporary until we get our clan site setup. Check it out and any feedback would be great....hope it helps everyone, even the pro's since I think there will be at least one or two items maybe everyone does not already know....

File can be found here:
    ONS Strategy Guide PDF Version (3.24MB)

(If I have left anything out, please feel free to comment on it and I will add it to the next revision)

Hey LL,

Great job on the ONS guide. :up:
    It's good to see some people contributing to the community in a positive way. It'll definitely help out some of the beginners.

Comment

Looks like I was the only one that posted in this section.
      Here's the other thread that talks of the same item

The same thread in the other section

Cya,

Comment

Very nice writeup. :up:
        It covers not only basic information about weapons, weapon usage and vehicles/vehicle fighting strategies, I especially like the interspersed Strategy Hints. The tips about the progress of a Onslaught Match are as well quite valueable. Well done!

Comment

LadyLuck,
          You should PM -=SR=-Killer and Alpha2003. They have stickies with lots of helpful info and this guide would make a great addition to their posts. Also it won't get lost (too quickly) if it's in a sticky.
          :up:

Comment

Hey thanks for the props, Beers&Blunts, I will PM them and see what they do with this thread. Glad everyone is getting some use out of it and hope to have another revision soon with the Community Bonus Maps #1 and #2.

Comment

Goodwork!

Comment

Just looking through it, you might want to fix the Raptor part that says the missiles lock onto scorpions, it says they lock themselves onto Manta's and Scorpions, which should be Mantas and other raptors.

Comment

you might want to fix the Raptor part that says the missiles lock onto scorpions, it says they lock themselves onto Manta's and Scorpions,
                  Hey Xexx, thanks. I had posted this is the general section too and someone noted it there also....will be fixed...

Comment

UPDATE: I have finished the first release of the ONS Strategy guid (web version) for your HTML enjoyment. Its nearly the same as the PDF version, just converted to HTML with a few enhancements.....Hope everyone enjoys it.

ONS Strategy Guide (HTML Version)

Comment

I'm bumping this, only because a few people have emailed me asking where to find this, and they cannot find it in the forum
                      (not a shameless promotion... )

Comment

Nice guide!

But if I may correct you: Page 27 you state that the Raptors rockest automatically locks themselves on to mantas and scorpions. If I'm not mistaking, they lock themselves to mantas and Raptors. I'm at work so I don't have the game in front of me, but I'll look into it later.

Comment

they lock themselves to mantas and Raptors
                          Hey ob-one, you are correct. That has been a typo in my guide since the release, and I always forget to update it....I will fix it tonight for future downloads...thanks for the tip!

Comment

My pleasure! I'm glad I could contribute to such a great guide! :up:

Comment

I can imagine the hours that took to put together... ;/

Kudos on your efforts!

Comment

Working...
                              X