How Do You Dodge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do You Dodge?

I don't know how to wall dodge or jump dodge. Also, I have heard about special abilities which can be utilised once your adrenaline reaches 100, bu how do I do them. Just a few queries from a beginner; any help would be greatly appreciated.

To dodge, you simply press left/right/forward/backward twice quickly. It's exactly like double-clicking, except you're pressing a key. You can adjust the dodge-double-click-time in the settings, that's the maximum amount of time you have to press the key twice. The default is 0.25 seconds.

As for combos, I'm not sure about all of them, by they are all activated by pressing movement keys. I know that forward, forward, forward, forward will activate speed.

Comment

Thanks for the help. By the way, I was also wondering what mutators were - I've only played the demo but I'm getting the game in two days, so I wanted to find out a little more about the game while I've got the time.

Comment

mutators, mutate the game, like the big head mutator will make players heads grow bigger when they are doing good. theres others like low gravity. they just change the game from the regular thing.

also adrenaline boosts:
        first person already said the speed one
        pressing back 4 times gives booster (health regeneration)
        forward 2, back 2 gives invisibility
        left 2, right 2 (or other way around, i can never remember) give berserk (more damage)

Comment

Mutators are basically add-ons that modify the game in some way. For instance, the Low-Gravity mutator makes the game have low gravity, and the Big-Head mutator makes your head get bigger as you frag more people. You can select them from a list under the Mutators tab when starting an Instant Action game. Some servers will have mutators set up on them.

Comment

Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
            To dodge, you simply press left/right/forward/backward twice quickly.
            Further to this, you can press jump to gain an extra boost. So say I want to dodge jump left, I'd press "Left, Left, Jump". By doing that you can cover some serious distance without stepping foot on the ground (which is more often than not, really rather benefical).

Another type of dodge worth mentioning, is the wall dodge (though TBH, I use it very rarely.) To do a wall dodge, Press Jump once when in close proximity to a wall, and subsequently dodge to effectivly push yourself off of the wall.

So if a wall were on my left, and a wanted to wall dodge to my right:

and that, ladies and gentlemen is the worst diagram you'll ever see ^_^ (though there was an even worse Line and Text diagram there just a few moments before, which I hope you didn't see!)

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone (I especially enjoyed the diagram)

Comment

Working...
              X