Long loading in assault...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long loading in assault...

A mate of mine has just bought UT2004, but when he tries to join a server in Assault, it takes about 3 minutes. When loading a new map, I appear before the practice mode starts, but he doesn't appear until about 2 minutes into the proper game. He has already turned off Proload Skins. Any other suggestions? He says the loading is fine in deathmatch.
    Thanx for any help.

Re: Long loading in assault...

Originally posted by RochBlue
    A mate of mine has just bought UT2004, but when he tries to join a server in Assault, it takes about 3 minutes. When loading a new map, I appear before the practice mode starts, but he doesn't appear until about 2 minutes into the proper game. He has already turned off Proload Skins. Any other suggestions? He says the loading is fine in deathmatch.
    Thanx for any help.
    tell you friend to go in the game seetting and uncheck preload skins, and maybe drop of the graph setting to something lower.

dont try and run the game at maxed setting if you dont have the comp for it

Comment

He has already turned off Proload Skins.
      tell you friend to go in the game seetting and uncheck preload skins

Comment

assualt usually have much bigger and more complicated maps (same with ons) so turn down the world detail, uncheck stuff, basically keep lowering the graphics until it goes good, also if he has 32 color on, turn that off too, it also might be his connection, what kind of internet does he have?

Comment

What's your friend's computer specification? UT is very resource heavy.

Comment

Hmm, All I know is that it's a fairly new comp and and has Pentium4. He's on broadband internet but he doesn't know his speed, and his ping is usally around 60ish. He says it runs quite smoothly too. I'll tell him to come on here and post his specs.
            I've told him to lower his setting to see if that works.
            Thanx for your help, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X