Dumb question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb question..

Is it possible to change your kill message to whatever you like?

Lets say "You killed ThisGuy" to "You fragged ThisGuy" as such.

Along with death messages.

Is this a server only feature?

You could tweak them through a mutator (UTComp and TTM both make changes to death messages), but outside of that you're going to be stuck with the defaults.

Comment

Im completely new to forumes... Im having trouble inserting images like everyone else does along with their message... Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to do this? Also, can I use images from my computer, such as ones in my pictures folder?

Comment

you will have to upload the pictures to a server first. Then just press the button wich says img when posting a reply. Paste the url of your picture and it should work.

Comment

Re: Dumb question..

Originally posted by E-Trip
          Is it possible to change your kill message to whatever you like?

Lets say "You killed ThisGuy" to "You fragged ThisGuy" as such.

Along with death messages.

Is this a server only feature?
          Yes you can, open the file XGame.int (UT2004\System) with a text editor and make the changes you want. It´s a simple text file. Those messages are client side and will affect only your messages. To be on the save side make a backup copy of the *.int files before you start changing thinks.

Im completely new to forumes... Im having trouble inserting images like everyone else does along with their message... Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to do this? Also, can I use images from my computer, such as ones in my pictures folder?
          You need to upload your pictures first. To save bandwith convert them to jpgs. I recommend www.photobucket.com as a picture host. After that you can simply copy paste the [IMG] links which photobucket.com shows under the pictures.

Photobucket Sample Album
          http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v13/demouser/
          Photobucket FAQ
          http://www.photobucket.com/about.php

Comment

Or you can make a executable ini file wich i did. with those changes in it. i dont have them nearby because i am on my work.. i will send u a private message how you can fix it.. with this you can also change your weapon pick up messages and lots of other stuff..

Comment

Re: Re: Dumb question..

Originally posted by Nickless
              Yes you can, open the file XGame.int (UT2004\System) with a text editor and make the changes you want. It´s a simple text file. Those messages are client side and will affect only your messages. To be on the save side make a backup copy of the *.int files before you start changing thinks.

You need to upload your pictures first. To save bandwith convert them to jpgs. I recommend www.photobucket.com as a picture host. After that you can simply copy paste the [IMG] links which photobucket.com shows under the pictures.

Photobucket Sample Album
              http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v13/demouser/
              Photobucket FAQ
              http://www.photobucket.com/about.php

Thanks for the help

Comment

But one thing bothers me... My gif's Ive made are all resized to a very small size such as the one above... Any way to fix that or another site you can point me to? O ya, this is the best Ive done so far sniping in UT04

Comment

What do you mean with as the one above? The pictures of the example album? Those are only previews to make it easier to organize your images. If you link them they will be displayed in full size if you use the IMG Tag. If you use SCREENSHOT Tag they will be displayed smaller and you have to click on them to view them in full size. I think if you upload a picture which is bigger than 250 Kb it will get resized, so make sure that your pictures are smaller than 250 Kb, if you want to maintain the size.

IMG Tag 800*600

Screenshot Tag 800*600
                  [screenshot]http://img30.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Nickless/UT2004/UTC1_2_2R2.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

<--- Is what I wanted to show in my last reply

Comment

were you playing bots? or real people, if you were playing people i'm suprised nobody saw you, and that is a great spot

Comment

I was playing real people on a ctf server... Yes, I was surpised too nobody saw me, But I did keep moving the whole time for a while before I settled.

Comment

Working...
                        X