Can one pancake a manta ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can one pancake a manta ?

On the polar ONS map with the bridge in the center, I tried to pancake a manta using a tank. This manta was attacking my node near this bridge. Me's on the bridge in a tank, so I drive my tank off the bridge into the canyon and land nicely on top of the manta. NOTHING HAPPENS !!! Then my tank tumbles off the manta, I'm tossed out, run over and the manta dudes steals my tank :cry: .

Keeps me wondering: can one crush a vehicle ?

Not to my knowledge, crashing vehicles causes damage but i am not aware of vehicle / vehicle damage.

Comment

i have played chicken a couple times.... i just seem to get the message "fender bender".... and take some damage, i am sure the other guy takes some damge too but i don't think damage i one crash is enough to destroy a vehicle, unless it is maybe really low on health.

Comment

would be cool though, if the vehicles gradually got bashed up apart from the smoke or fire....A pancaked manta would be a hilarious sight
        maybe something for that new unreal3 engine or whatever its called

Comment

I was in a manta once and pancaked a guy that was inside another manta, it was a weird angle, and somehow my fan ended up in his cockpit

but you can't totally crush vehicles. Fender Bender will eventually destroy or tip over the enemy vehicle if you keep it up.

Comment

It's inefficiant, difficult to do, and I think only mantas can do it, but you can crush a vehicle under another vehicle. Jump in a manta, and then when you're over the other vehicle, alt-fire, and you will crush them. Doesn't do that much damage, but you can kill vehicles in a manta this way. It's fun too.

Comment

Working...
            X