Hiya. I'm New. Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya. I'm New. Question?

Hey guys! Just got UT actually yesterday. Absolutely love it. But I have a question. I have a radion 128mb graphics card, 5.1 surround sound, 2.2ghz pentium -

And it lags!! I'm not talking multiplayer connection lag, i'm talking single player lag. Sometimes it takes a second to turn, or the music sometimes skips. Anyone know what's wrong? I know my computer can handle it. It's handled everything else. Why is it screwing up on this? It's not -bad- and I could turn the graphics and all that down, and i'm sure it'd go away, but I shouldn't have to. Anyone else have this problem, and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks guys!

Yoshikidd
    ~Complete N00b~

Many things can cause those symptoms. The tweak guides found here and others that you can find in the Technology and Troubleshooting forums can probably help solve the problem.

Comment

Thanks!

I really appreciate your help Remind me not to blow you up if I see you online, and I'm actually worth a **** playing.

Comment

Hmm okay that site is confusing - I can't really find anything yet So if anyone else knows anything while i'm searching, feel free to post!

Comment

Okay. I'm completely stupid. I should have checked with the tech support section of this forum before I went and posted something that thousands of other people have posted about. Sorry!

Comment

Hey Yoshikid

Dont worry, i have the top of the line Dell XPS w/ dual 256 memory, 200 gig hard drive, and a ATI Radeon Pro 2800 graphics card, and even I still have a lot of lag. It depends a lot on the server u play on. OR, even at times, 1 player with a very high ping can slow down a whole game. So i might not be u. But if it happens on every single server u play on, u might set all ur ingame settings on default and try it. I hope that helps.

Comment

You don`t tell us how much ram u have u need at leats 512. Myself i have ATI Radeon 9500 pro 128 mb
              Pentium 4 2,4 ghz
              1024 Mb ddr ram
              240 GB hardisk space
              And i can run the game with 32 bot on DM-trainingday with textures decals world detail etc on full. and 1024*... resolution, and i dont get lag at all, so i think that ram is the answer.
              good luck :up:

Comment

Turn your Audio to 3D Audio. It will make a huge difference. Another thing I've noticed is the huge performance increase when I reinstalled my operating system and installed UT2004 only. Before I had installed UT2004 with UT2003 still on my computer and for some bizzare reason the game lagged with UT2003 on my computer, even though I uninstalled it. Perhaps there are some left over dlls or shared files that aren't compatible with UT2004. But, then again, who knows. . .

Comment

Re: Hey Yoshikid

Originally posted by BiffMcLargehuge
                  Dont worry, i have the top of the line Dell XPS w/ dual 256 memory, 200 gig hard drive, and a ATI Radeon Pro 2800 graphics card, and even I still have a lot of lag. It depends a lot on the server u play on. OR, even at times, 1 player with a very high ping can slow down a whole game. So i might not be u. But if it happens on every single server u play on, u might set all ur ingame settings on default and try it. I hope that helps.
                  i think it has to do with your stone age radeon card m8 just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by meKilgore
                    Turn your Audio to 3D Audio. It will make a huge difference. Another thing I've noticed is the huge performance increase when I reinstalled my operating system and installed UT2004 only. Before I had installed UT2004 with UT2003 still on my computer and for some bizzare reason the game lagged with UT2003 on my computer, even though I uninstalled it. Perhaps there are some left over dlls or shared files that aren't compatible with UT2004. But, then again, who knows. . .
                    PC specs? it sounds kinda wierd that 3d sound has anything 2 do at all with the game running, i don`t know but it sounds pretty wierd. I always have 3d sound and my soundcard is built in 2 my motherboard (sez enuff) and i don`t notice any change when i tur it off. :weird:

Comment

Using Hardware 3D Audio will, with out a doubt, effect your game performance. The type of hardware I'm refering to is a sound card with onboard memory (like a Soundblaster 5.1 Platnium, which has 30mb of dedicated memory and a dedicated processor. A genuine sound table. Most onboard, PCI sound chips are not genuine soundboards, or even to be considered as hardware 3D Audio.

Here my computer specs. The first time I installed this game I had all kinds of performance problems. However, since I reinstalled my operating system, the game, and installed new drivers and installed Direct9 properly, the game is now performing smoothly and flawlessly on my system. I'm now very pleased with the game.

Windows 2000 Professional with Service pack 4
                      AMD Athlon 1800+ @ 1154 mhz
                      524 mb of non-virtual ram (PC2100)
                      Radeon 8500 64 mb DDR
                      Western Digital 40 gig harddrive @ 5600
                      Toshiba DVD-ROM Drive
                      Creative Soundblaster Platinium 5.1 (using the original Windows Drivers)

Comment

Working...
                      X