Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

I'm new to ut2k4 but not to online gaming. I get 60 fps and others say they can get more. I up the refresh rate on my monitor and still gets the same. Is there a command to get a lot more fps, that has something to do with the refresh rates? I turned down the graphics some its sorta rough still, I have a geforce4 fx 5800

I know all the hype of fps, but if you are getting 60fps with your card then that is amazing.
    Another point that is really something people should realize is that the human eye can not percieve more than 70-80fps max, so any talk of more than that is geek talk that is mute.

Comment

Re: Question

Originally posted by mdee
      Is there a command to get a lot more fps
      Oh I wish that were true. All our problems would be solved.

Seriously, 60 FPS is more than enough to get the job done. I do my fair share of killing at 25-30 FPS. If you really want to increase your framerate, either turn down settings or buy the latest bleeding edge hardware (like the new Nvidia or Radeon offerings). It has nothing to do with your refresh rate.

Comment

Someone just imformed me that you can only get 90 , my friend lied to me. But, in cod there was a command that triggers your refresh rate in game to a certain refresh rate during the game which I get 160 in cod.
        But, now I can get 80 fps in ut2k4. In other games sof2, I get 300 with this card and in half life i get 200 constant (illegally)

Comment

Why would you need anything more than 70 FPS?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_PsYkiK
            Why would you need anything more than 70 FPS?
            25 FPS and better is film-like. That's enough to prevent one from seeing separate pictures. However, most "game caves" are lit artificially. Tube lights have an FPS on their own and this will interfere with the FPS of the monitor, causing you a headache.

A "better" video card will only allow you to avoid the zone of interference.

Comment

Working...
            X