Custom Models online???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Models online???

I just dled a Bender model and voice pack and was wondering, if i went online and joined a server as Bender would everyone else have to dl the bender files or would they see and hear me like i was a normal person?

i don't know if you can even GO online w/ custom models.. don't take my word for it but i thought i read somewhere else that you can't...

Comment

if you do enter a standard server, everybody will just see you as a default char.

Comment

Originally posted by vladthedog
        i don't know if you can even GO online w/ custom models.. don't take my word for it but i thought i read somewhere else that you can't...
        I have the same model and yes you can go online with it. But not on every server since this model has a custom voice pack wich is blocked by several servers. Not on all though. And if someone has the same model installed then they will see it. Otherwise they see a default model.

Comment

To see you as the custom model or hear the custom voice; every other player would have had to dloaded and installed them too - and the chances of that are pretty slim. They'll just see u as a default model with a default voice.

Comment

i think that if youre the one who sets up the server, others who join it will see you as bender, even if they dont have the model. im not 100% sure though.

Comment

i have about 20 custom skins but i dont see many people using them. im not sure if its because no one can be botherd to download them or there just using ones that i dont have. the ones i see most ofton are bender and junkyard mech. i dont have homer at the momment but that one was really popular on 2k3.

i have found that some servers block me from connecting. but if you get a cache manager and delete the anti cheat stuff when you reconnect and redownload them, the servers let you in without a problem.

Comment

custom skin?

I use the gorge/avalanche model.. if i use like Upaint to re-skin it will i be seen as malcolm/jakob/garybusey model?
                Will ppl still see the model i chose (i know they won't see the skin) or am I going to look like Jakob?

Comment

You would think that they could make it so that it would just be a quick download at the same time as you join the server. Think of how fast a new map downloads. A model and voice pack would be fast as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_PsYkiK
                    You would think that they could make it so that it would just be a quick download at the same time as you join the server. Think of how fast a new map downloads. A model and voice pack would be fast as hell.
                    yea that would be cool and encurage more skins/voicepacks...ppl dont make as much cuz no1 sees them...

Comment

Working...
                    X