Repair_Beam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair_Beam

How do u repair power nodes and vehicles? When i c someone other do it it looks like they are shooting it with some sort of beam!

Link gun - Alt fire

if the beam is green - it's in "damage" mode, but if you fire it at a friendly node or vehicle or person, the beam will change from green to red, blue or even yellow if linked.

That's how ya heal stuff

HTH

Comment

thx m8!:noob:

Comment

OKN,
        new to onslaught? Check out this quick picture guide made by Mr.Brownstone.
        http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=351559

:up:

Comment

Another great tutorial for Onslaught:

http://faqs.ign.com//articles/501/501492p1.html

Comment

Originally posted by pck69
            Another great tutorial for Onslaught:

http://faqs.ign.com//articles/501/501492p1.html
            Thats missing a lot of good info, plus has mispellings

Comment

Another good site for ONS info:

http://www.utstats.com/UT_2004_tips_...ught_Guide.htm

Comment

Re: Repair_Beam

Originally posted by OKN
                How do u repair power nodes and vehicles? When i c someone other do it it looks like they are shooting it with some sort of beam!
                In case you didn't know, if a team-mate is healing a node or trying to bring a node down with the link gun's alt-fire, you can use your link gun's alt-fire and 'link' up to him/her to increase the power of his/her blast (works well against vehicles/people too).

There are threads posted throughout the forum about this and which technique (chain vs tree configuration) to use. But I'll let you find those yourself.

PL

Comment

the fat beam

I am pretty sure that if you stand right on the little rim of a node and aim DIRECTLY at the center of the x where the yellow ball is your beam gets a little fatter and the node builds faster. I know this sounds fantastical, but here's my evidence:
                  If you build a node and start linking it with a base amount of ammo it will use all or maybe leave you one shot when the node finishes... if you hold it on there the whole time.
                  If you do the same thing and stand on the rim and aim exactly like I said you will have ten shots left. The link gun uses ammo at a steady rate... so Its fatter and faster. I know it gets fatter if you link a node that is finished... its not that... you can wiggle your aim just a bit and see the width change B4 it finishes.

Maybe it just seems like my nodes go up faster because I am the only one building them :sour:

Tell me if you believe one way or another. Test my theory!

Comment

Bog, I doubt that. I think as long as you hit the node, you charge/drain it. Distance is irrelevant (I could be wrong). *shrug*

PL

Comment

So, according to this theory, it's better to shoot the cross than the base (useful if you're trying to hide while charging)?

Comment

I've noticed the same thing as Fuggernaut has described. The node builds faster the closer you are and I too aim at the X. A few meters away and I run out before it's done but do not if standing right on the rim.

Comment

However I would like to point out that someone link gunning the X on the node kinda stands up and shouts someone headshot me please? If you fire are the base, you can discretely charge your node.

Whether distance or target makes a difference to charging speed beats me.

Melifluous

Comment

HEadshot... please

it also says i got a pair and I care about the nodes to make the TEAM win.

If I get headshot I just say, "well he's going to have a heck of a time taking down the guy n tha tank that just spawned from the node I built."

I have been testing it and I stand by the FAT BEAM. :up:

Comment

Your right I tried it, stood in the cntre and blasted my beam straight up and yes it took less link points and charged up faster.

but i agree you are a target as you cant look around. use it for 1st nodes before you get in the mix with the opponents.

Comment

Working...
                              X