Single Player Teammates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Player Teammates

Do your teammates ever get stronger or have their stats increase or you have to constantly get new teammates?

its up to you, as you progress through the ladders and earn credits, certain players get unlocked that have higher stats in agility, aggressiveness, etc. rightfully so, it costs a lot of money to draft them, but its well worth it.

Comment

I've found that I can keep a bare edge on the bots by running Blood Rites challenges. Its risky and I only do it when the other team has an outstanding player that I want to "recruit".
      The player has to be considerably better than my worst player for me to consider it but that happens often enough for me attempt it once in a while. The rest of the team doesn't seem to harbor any ill will over it

Comment

about those bloodrites:

when I get challenged, I must play an InstaGib match.

whenever I challenge another team, it says InstaGib match, but isn't...

either a bug or I have secret powers.
        not that I mind, I've won two players not InstaGibing :P

Comment

I've been wondering about that. I've been switching out teammates with free agents based on more money=better, but I've been wondering if your own team gets better as they play. It doesn't look like that's the case so far. It would be nice to actually be able to see cumulative stats for each bot, i.e. kills, deaths, etc., not just after a match for that match. There are a few folks I'd like to do a bloodrite for, but I'd like to know how my own kids are doing overall. Usually I'm too busy mid-game to notice...

Comment

What I've noticed is that it looks like your teammates get more expensive over time. Could be just my imagination, but that's what it seemed like.

Switching people in and out with Bloodrites is a good thing to do. Lauren is a must, btw.

And I got all my bloodrited teammates with instagib.

Comment

Are you talking about UT2004?

When I purchased UT2003, I picked up the Prima's Official Strategy Guide for this game, the guide claimed you could enable "species statistics", what happen to that? Was that avaible in the UT2003 beta release? The guide also claims that when drafting your team, you must factor in their salary. This is not the way it works in my game. After winning a match in single player I'm offered a new, and supposedly, better bot.

Furthermore, I think it would be a better game for instant action if the bots in the game had real differences in skill.

Comment

if you want different skills in IA (instant action) activate the species statistics mutator.

actually quite fun

I too noticed the bots getting more expensive during the SP.
                I'd say the can only ask for more if they can do more, so I think they do grow...

but it is a shame you can't keep track of it...

Comment

I do not have a mutator called species or species statistics! Is the mutator availabe online for download?

I'm serious, I do not have that mutator, and it appears the mutator should have come with game, I have instagib, and bighead and others, but not species statistics.

Comment

Was that avaible in the UT2003 beta release?
                    it wasnt a release, it was a leak
                    bout the bloodrites: just pick instagib on DM_Morpheus3 and you never lose, the bots sucks on it :heart:

Comment

Originally posted by meKilgore
                      I do not have a mutator called species or species statistics! Is the mutator availabe online for download?

I'm serious, I do not have that mutator, and it appears the mutator should have come with game, I have instagib, and bighead and others, but not species statistics.
                      uh... dunno about 2k3, but in 2k4 it's a default mutator that comes with the package...

Comment

When I unlocked the final ladder, I was able to draft Malcom, but his name changed when I played the team deathmatch.

Comment

were you playing against his own team??

Comment

yeah. he wasn't called malcom ingame, but he was when I drafted him.
                            but it was on novice so it lasted only a few seconds

Comment

Originally posted by the dark six
                              What I've noticed is that it looks like your teammates get more expensive over time. Could be just my imagination, but that's what it seemed like.

Switching people in and out with Bloodrites is a good thing to do. Lauren is a must, btw.

And I got all my bloodrited teammates with instagib.

Any of you guys got some more advice on what bots to draft?
                              Or got a list of all the bot stats?

Comment

Working...
                              X