Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

1st person hand rigs? Anywere available?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st person hand rigs? Anywere available?

Hi. Im looking for first person hand rigs so I can make custom gun animations like in sas into the liens den mod. How did they do it? I cant seem to find 1st person hand rigs anywere, just the bipeds.

All of the first person hand rigs were custom for UT2kx mods (or at least they appear to be) since the base UT2k4 weapons did not include FP hands.

If you are willing to wait, I would recommend waiting until the UT4 hand rigs become available and then use those, that way any animations/models you make could be ported to the new UT game too.

I have the UT3 hand rigs in Milkshape3D and CharacterFX compatible formats if needed.

Comment

Thanks meowcat. Yeah okay ill wait for ut4. The ut3 hand rigs wont be necessary, but thanks . If they didn't use first person rigs, how could they make the animations you mentioned they were custom. Tell me more about this. I can make mine custom too I got everything set out just need to figure out how exactly did they do it. I got my own custom hands etc. Do you know much about this

Comment

You know unless it's a weapon port they are all custom, for BW and UT2341 since that's the only ones I actually did mostly UT2341 because the BW rig was made by xavious for the most part.
        So yeah you need to model hands and create a skeleton and rig them.
        UT2004 by default and in most mods doesn't use hands, but it's possible to do that.
        UT3 hand rigs can work in 2004 if they are in your modeling software ...

Once your hand rig is done all you need is to import your weapon and rig the weapon by adding bones to the skeleton for any of its moving parts.

I don't know how much you know about modeling, but well once you get everything animated you need something to export to psk / psa format or fbx
        I use blender 3d and it works fine for the most part.

Comment

Do i have to code the reload and muzzleflashes etc, is there any tutorials how to do this with a gun (if you have to code this. If so, I don't know where to begin)

Comment

Yes, if you want "reload" function in the weapon then you will have to add it in code. The UnrealWiki has some good reload sample code as I recall (originally by one of the Law Dogs coders I think). The base UT2k4 source code has all of the pertinent code for muzzle flashes (most of that is built in, all you need to do is subclass to use your own textures and staticmeshes for the flashes).

Comment

A mod to look at is BW, lots of people mod upon it and you might have an easy start there
              also the reload functions and such things are ready, also the hands rig is available for the public which is a good start.
              I mean I even tried to code weapons by adding new BW guns just for the try, little knowledge is needed and you can learn upon
              Besides you can just complement the mod and experiment later on but since I'm wondering what you are seeking for to do my suggestion is just to add weapons to BW
              And when I mean reloads are ready I mean pretty much every sort and with detail (you can load one by one or just replace mags etc ...) and even weapons with twin mags ...
              I mean this is perfect to start experimenting and you have detailed stuff within it.

Comment

Working...
              X