Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing Weapon Bones

Hey all,

I am working on porting Orb from Quake 3 Arena into Ut2004. I have him rigged right now using a Ut2004 Merc skeleton. However i can get his weapon placement to work properly, i need it to be fixed ontop of him and not use the ut2004 weapon bone anims (two handed), because he has no arms. This is similar to the Nali Warcow in ut99. At the moment, i dissabled the bone and placed the mesh of a Q3 Rocket Launcher as a placeholder. See the pic below for a better idea of what im talking about.

Originally posted by Mrparadize View Post
    Ut2004 Merc skeleton.
    Seriously? I'm afraid this guy needs a custom rig.

Comment

Try looking up Magdelena, Effigy, Monsta, Deinonychus.
      Possible rigs that may or may not work.

It would be awesome to see this work.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberiu View Post
        Seriously? I'm afraid this guy needs a custom rig.
        Mapping the legs to the merc skel actually looks real good. Because.. orb uses legs to move. Slap the mounted weapon bone on him and were golden

Comment

Have you tried setting up the sockets so that Bip01 has its attach alias set to righthand, which would make it the weapon bone? You could mess with the offset and rotation so that it would be in the correct position. You could also try Bip01 Pelvis instead. I'm not sure how the model actually looks while it moves, but maybe this would work.

Comment

Any word on how this is going?
            Like if you tried out AlCapowned's idea.
            I was wondering if there was a way to add extra bones to the default skeleton or detaching the weapon bone.

Comment

Working...
            X