Single player bot difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single player bot difficulty

I've started this game in single player few times in the past and only reached to a certain point - always the same point (double domination : conduit) and then given up. It just seems impossible. I've spent literally hours on that one map and no-one ever scores even once, and I just give up after 45 minutes or so. I'm at the point where I have only the team game ladders available, so can't play a deathmatch or deathmatch at this point in the tournament.

I am getting quite annoyed that it doesn't seem possible to change the bot skill level mid tournament. For example, I've started the game on Novice, found it too easy, wanted to go up a level, and had to start a whole new tournament again on skilled, which I then found too hard after about 8 games, and so had to start over again on experienced. This is really frustrating.

I've looked at console commands and there does not seem to be a way of changing the level of the bot mid-game.

Does anyone have any tips? I'm not terrible at the game, but I just find most encounters with bots (especially those with link guns) results in quick death because no matter how much I dodge and jump, they can keep the link gun ray on me almost constantly (something I don't believe a human player could do half as well!)

I really much preferred the single player in UT99, which I've completed before on skilled.

thats the fact that we need to more skills and learn how to win those games, be patient.

Comment

This frustrates me as well. But since I'm kind of new with the game, I understand that I need to play some more to gain some new skills to advance to higher levels. Thanks for the advice, colleen88.

Comment

I think the single player in UT2004 is just poorly calibrated, there is a point where it's near too difficult because of the difficulty jump. it's not something that was calibrated like in UT99 where the single player ends up to be very difficult but feasible. In UT2004 if you start at the medium settings the firsts matches are a cakewalk until the lasts before the boss ladder. UT2003 was better in the SP ladder than 2004, they only amplified that fow in 2004. The bots in the latest matches are near godlike if not godlike.

Comment

Working...
        X