Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UnrealEd 3.0 crashing exporting from UTX file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnrealEd 3.0 crashing exporting from UTX file.

I keep getting a crash when trying to export a texture from SpaceFX.utx. Error on screen says:

General protection fault!

History: UTextureExporterPCX::ExportBinary <- UExporter::ExportToArchive <- UExporter::ExportToFile <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Obj <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (OBJ EXPORT TYPE=TEXTURE NAME="worm3f" FILE="C:\Users\*******\Documents\Unrea).. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserTexture::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Is there a way around this?

have you tried umodel to export it

Comment

Trying that now thanks.

Comment

No luck I guess I'm doing the command prompt wrong or something.

Edit:: It didn't work either but some files from the texture file was extracted but they were all blacked out. I tried extracting "worm3c". "worm3f" and worm3g" from SpaceFX.utx with UED and it crashed.

You can see the textures and what they look like on this web page http://www.uttexture.com/UT/Website/...X_NonGroup.htm

Comment

First off, don't open UT1 packages in UnrealEd 3. Second off, don't export from UnrealEd to begin with. Use UTPT for that.
          As for those animated textures, they are procedural. You can't export them because they are not textures, but rather programs. UE2 dropped support for these procedural textures in favour of shaders (although you can still use some in the sort of legacy compatibility mode, but they are really buggy).

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            First off, don't open UT1 packages in UnrealEd 3. Second off, don't export from UnrealEd to begin with. Use UTPT for that.
            As for those animated textures, they are procedural. You can't export them because they are not textures, but rather programs. UE2 dropped support for these procedural textures in favour of shaders (although you can still use some in the sort of legacy compatibility mode, but they are really buggy).
            I have tried both UED 2.1 and UED 3.0 to export worm3c and worm3f and they both crashed as they were exporting. Also, I was going to use worm3c and worm3f for replacement of the UT2004 teleporters in each flag base like the UT99 map did. I guess I'm stuck using the teleporters from UT2k4.

Comment

Yeap. They shouldn't even let you do the exporting in the first place, because you can't export a program into a bitmap file, it doesn't work that way.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                Yeap. They shouldn't even let you do the exporting in the first place, because you can't export a program into a bitmap file, it doesn't work that way.
                True as I found out Some things just can't be exported for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                X