Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New just felt like showing of my newbie stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New just felt like showing of my newbie stuff.

I sorta new to this But I don't make new maps I tryed for UT3 I just update or give new life to new maps that are already out. Sly has already seen some on another forum so I'll show something off.

Still need help in some areas which I'll ask at a later time.

The maps is DM 1one1 Anglod:

I used Hyde_DeathTrance static meshes.

Originally posted by Zerglings
    I sorta new to this But I don't make new maps I tryed for UT3 I just update or give new life to new maps that are already out. Sly has already seen some on another forum so I'll show something off.
    I think I did not understand that correctly...
    So did you make that map on your own or did you edit an existing map?
    If that on the pics is all made by you then good job! As you said, some areas just need better textures but the rest looks very nice!

Comment

Also lighting, you need to work on that. Make sure to increase the lightmap quality to get rid of dirty shadows, too.

Comment

Ok I'll do that another thing is jump nodes and lifts. How do I get them path nodes I know.

Also this is a make over with textures and meshes.

Google the map for original.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
          How do I get them path nodes I know.
          Excuse me?..

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Excuse me?..
            Yeah I even find that strange lol Don't know How I did that.

what I meant is path nodes I know how to do them it's just getting lifts etc nodes that I don't know.

Could you or someone else tell me.

Comment

You place LiftExit and Lift Centers. One LiftExit has to be in front of the "entrace" to the elevator, the other one at the "exit" but both should not be on the lift itself. The LiftCenter node has to be on the lift though. You have to go into the properties of the LiftExit actors and set the key in the respective section (key 0 = bottom, key 1 = top if the mover just moves up and down, then it should have just these two, key 0 and key 1) and of course you mustn't forget the mover tag. The LiftCenter has to have the mover tag in its properties, also in the respective section (just check the properties, you will find it very easily)!

If you have any more questions, just ask. We will be able to help you!

Comment

Hmm, assigning keys to LiftExits would be mighty useful in Unreal...

Comment

Thanks for the reply Sly the others might have help if my english was better.

Just one problem when you posted you didn't say how to get those nodes into the map.

It's not like right clicking and in front of you path nodes and other stuff.

Comment

OH, I'm sorry

Go to the Actor Class Browser (if you can't find it, open it by clicking on a chess figure symbol, should be next to a music note symbol and a speaker symbol at the top), there you go to Actor, expand NavigationPoint by clicking on the + and search for LiftExit and LiftCenter.

Comment

That's a cool looking map. Is it available for download?

What raptor skin are you using? I'm sure I have all of them, but don't recognize that one's color pattern.

Comment

Yeah I found them and a few other interesting nodes.

I still need to get a jump landing point setting.

Chaoswolf I would need to get permission from the original maker plus the static meshes I'm using.

That Raptor model would be the Trauma Raptors skin.

Comment

Link: http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/100163

Comment

Thank you.

I hope you can get consent because that map looks cool.

Comment

Well the lifts are all screwed up I name em and then I get some name tag warning after a rebuild and the lift center does not connect with the exits.

Comment

Working...
                              X