looking to get teleported not die on thelongestyard map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking to get teleported not die on thelongestyard map

I have never mapped before and I just want to do this to enjoy offline for my own personal enjoyment. I would love to get teleported back onto the map instead of dieing. Can someone show me how to easily do this? Thank-you for your assistance.

Teleported back to the map - but where shall you land? It's not that easy since you can't just make them teleport to where the playerstarts are.

I think if you explain what you want a bit further we might fund an easy solution. But as I said, more information would be good

Comment

I'm on it!

Comment

Any suggestions on how I can do this myself?

Comment

Originally posted by vectoravtech View Post
          You'd have to learn UnrealScript which will be a lot of work but a worthy experience. Though you're better off getting someone to do it for you that is interested like Infernus I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by vectoravtech View Post
            Actually it's already nearly done, the only problem is, the teleporting.. You either have to go on with a splattered pawn with only 1 bone left, or wait a little longer and hope it will get fixed

Comment

Maybe, your player volume interfere with the environment when you respawn the player at the dieing place.
              As you don't know the environment of the place (because that can be any where in the map), you have a great luck to splatter.

I suppose you record the position x,y,z when he died.
              But, how can you manage the collision with the player volume with the environment ?

Comment

Originally posted by Heimdallr View Post
                Maybe, your player volume interfere with the environment when you respawn the player at the dieing place.
                As you don't know the environment of the place (because that can be any where in the map), you have a great luck to splatter.

I suppose you record the position x,y,z when he died.
                But, how can you manage the collision with the player volume with the environment ?
                Oh, it's not really that hard, but I do not like the fact that the pawn is already splattered when I teleport it back. I don't think there would be a way avoiding this, but I know how to return the pawn back to a map, eventually even the spot where he was still walking and not flying.

When the pawn already 'collides' with the FallingVolume, there's no way getting him back, unless you're using the PreventDeath function in GameRules.

Comment

Gah, nobody will help me with the code, and I can't really get it so good to work.. Use the one ini made, if that isn't suggested yet.

Comment

You don't need to do any scripting. Make a teleporter, change the collision radius to be large enough that it covers the entire underside of the map, set its destination. Done.

Comment

But when you fall too fast you will die by falling damage (or if you have less hp).
                      And where shall you land after falling? There must be multiple locations, otherwise you can camp the exit of the invisible teleporter.
                      It would be ideal if you would exit at a random playerstart.

Comment

TBH if you really cared that much you could just put a bunch of smaller radius teleporters around corresponding to various locations on the map. As for fall damage, well, that's not quite so easy -- But then if you make your teleporters pretty close to the fall off point you won't take any damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                          But when you fall too fast you will die by falling damage (or if you have less hp).
                          And where shall you land after falling? There must be multiple locations, otherwise you can camp the exit of the invisible teleporter.
                          It would be ideal if you would exit at a random playerstart.
                          Now THAT is something possible to code.

Comment

I'd take a look at DM-Buliwyf. If you fall off of that map it just teleports you back into the playable area. Might be like what you're looking for. not sure how it's done, but if you look around I'm sure you can figure it out. Good luck

Comment

Did you look at the Teleporter actor? If you reach FallDamage velocity when hitting a Teleporter; you get no fall damage after getting teleported.

Comment

Working...
                              X