tips for hyperblast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tips for hyperblast?

I am playing hyperblast on godlike right now with 8-10 bots as this closely simulates quick paced online play. I was wondering if anyone had tips on how to get out of spawn faster (i.e. avoid being killed in three seconds), and moving around better in zero gravity? Note: I am playing ut99 and have played ut3 and ut 2004 if you want to make comparisons.

To be honest, not really, Masterful is what closely simulates online play, or at least as close as it goes. Anything over that and Computer Is A Cheating *******. And it still won't prepare you for those pesky guys over at online plays who keep using the element of surprise or 1337 hitscan/combo skills to kill you dead.

Comment

Originally posted by dsandusky View Post
      to get out of spawn faster (i.e. avoid being killed in three seconds)
      Stick your back to a wall and use the shield gun altfire?

If you know the map well, you should be able to do that rather fine while facing the opponent(s) and walking backward.

Won't help you much in case of pincer attacks though :-/

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        To be honest, not really, Masterful is what closely simulates online play, or at least as close as it goes. Anything over that and Computer Is A Cheating *******. And it still won't prepare you for those pesky guys over at online plays who keep using the element of surprise or 1337 hitscan/combo skills to kill you dead.
        Agree under default conditions. Disagree if you know how to manipulate the system. Set up a bot roster and "edit" the attributes on each bot. Might want to lower accuracy a little bit, and everything else should be maxed, or at least half. This will mimic a human player more effectively than just picking w/e difficulty setting.

As for tips, time the super shield, get the shock rifle and post up outside as much as possible and blast those bots with lasers. Also master the dodge jump on the ramp that will let you jump across space to that super shiled so you do not have to camp it hardcore. Use mostly hitscan weapons on this map cause it's low grav (shock, mini, lightning gun)

I have not played the level in years, and it is NEVER played online. However many of the other maps are. Most played is Rankin by far, but Deck 17, Grendel Keep and a few others are also widely played. I also suggest learning a map that is UNDERPLAYED> That way you have a slight advantage going into any fight in this arena. There are still some maps people just do not know that well. (believe it or not)

Comment

Yes, using the bot roster will really help your practice sessions.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Playing more I have been able to figure out how to jump from where the flak cannon spawns to link gun up to the shock rifle. My movements in the air still lack though. About the bots: I agree godlike seems like they're cheating but I guess thats all in the name of the setting :P Also I will look into playing on masterful and custom bot configurations.

Comment

Working...
            X