Giving bots custom names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving bots custom names

I've played on many server where the bots have custom names, but I didn't have to download any new files.
    How do they do that?

duno if it is this, but there is a mutator that alters bots names etc, was just called serverbots i think. but not all mutators need to be on the client and can just stay server side. so its possible what ever they used to change the names runs as a server actor in that way. (or you have downloaded it but a long time ago :P)

Comment

The names are in UPL files. But they might also be a configuration option as well, I'm not entirely certain.

Comment

If it was on a server it was likely "serverbots."

Comment

You can also add custom bots to a server, just by uploading a skin pack - however, players will only see the bots as the default model if they don't have the skin installed themselves, just like with other players using custom skins.

In this case, however, it was likely the serverbots mutator.

Comment

Sounds like Serverbots. But you can also use Jafo's botmanager to create new bots.

Comment

http://www.proasm.com/ut/serverbots.html

Comment

I dont use Jafo's botmanager, i prefer do with NotePad on a .ucl file
                You can do like this, create a bot, modify it parameters(accuracy, agressiviness,etc...) and save with a custom name, but a different .upl, like myserverbots.upl and upload the file on your server, it may work, you can use the default skins of the game if you want or do whatever you want

Comment

That doesn't work Rampage. If the clients don't have a copy of the upl, they'll just see the default model whenever that bot appears. The accuracy, etc., attributes will apply though.

So there are two options if you want to do a custom bot that all clients will see: You can write a simple mutator that will add the bot, or use something like ServerBots.

Comment

Maybe you can use mapmixer.

Comment

Working...
                    X